• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Formula 1 Discussion Thread***

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Can't imagine many Australians will be tuning into the first race of the season...cricket is far more on their screens I would bet :ph34r:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Congrats to the formula 1 bosses for doing the impossible and making the sport an even bigger procession

FMD that was dull

vogue

Don't know if I misheard it on the tv when they were getting on the podium and being awarded their trophies ,but Lewis Hamilton was booed each time...is he not liked generally or just not liked by the Aussies?

cpr

International Coach
Also doesn't help that he's a miserable bell end, who shows complete disrespect to pretty much everyone in F1. When your idea of doing a press conference is to ignore every journalist in the room and snapchat pictures of how bored you are to your 'fans', then yeah, pretty much anyone who gives a **** about F1 is going to dislike you immensely

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Surprised that he was booed in Australia tbh as I wouldnt have thought enough people gave a toss about the sport for them to form an opinion as to whether he is a nice guy or otherwise

F1 weekend in Melbourne is just an excuse for a booze up rather that a congregation of F1 fanatics

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Bad week with it being the first round of the footy back on. Always best when it's on the March long weekend (two weeks ago).

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Also doesn't help that he's a miserable bell end, who shows complete disrespect to pretty much everyone in F1. When your idea of doing a press conference is to ignore every journalist in the room and snapchat pictures of how bored you are to your 'fans', then yeah, pretty much anyone who gives a **** about F1 is going to dislike you immensely
Nah that was fair enough, the press conferences are dreadful, was refreshing to see a driver treat it with the contempt it deserves.

cpr

International Coach
Dreadful that the format may be, its not the journo's fault. I can ignore being a knob about the format, but he was downright rude to the journo's there. Was watching it at the time thinking WAC. Palmer looked like he wanted to rip his head off throughout.

vogue

Think I'll watch the next few races to see if the changes to stuff make this any more viewable/ enjoyable. See how it goes I guess..Boorish Hamilton notwithstanding...

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't know what Vettel has to be pissed about, idiotic behaviour from him, with a pretty fortunate result.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I see that Bernie Ecclestone has become a father again at age 89. I wouldn't mind betting that when a 35 woman marries an 80 year old millionaire it's not part of the plan to be knocking out nippers 9 years later.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
That was quite a race, fun indeed

Also looking lower, keep an eye out for Oscar Piastri, Australia's next great hope post Ricciardo imo. Alex Peroni is pretty handy as well, so is Liam Lawson from across the ditch