• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Formula 1 Discussion Thread***

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
I’ve been much more enjoying watching Indycar this season (watching a bigger variety of sports than usual since their return) though not 100% convinced on ovals yet. Very dramatic race but still sad that we can only have interesting/close races (at the front at least) with mechanical issues or rain.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
How does Lewis Hamilton rank among the greats of British F1 drivers? Were drivers of a bygone era actually better drivers without the modern technology of F1 cars?

aussie tragic

International Captain
Should be a great race tonight with softer tyres than last week.

Hulkenburg 3rd on the grid, Verstappen 4th, Ricciardo 5th and Stroll 6th. Should be an interesting first lap with the 'mid-field' now up the front :)

aussie tragic

International Captain
Hamilton tests positive for Covid. They haven't named a replacement driver but surely that rules out half his team as well?

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
George Russell has never won a point in 37 races. Put him in Hamilton's car and he's the fastest bloke on the track.

The sport has little to do with the drivers and everything to do with the manufacturers which makes it dull as **** when one team is dominant.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Predictions for the '21 season:

- Lewis Hamilton's final WDC.
- Alonso & Vettel having underwhelming seasons, respectively.
- Perez to take the fight to Max in arguably the most mouth-watering teammate war of the season.
- Ricciardo & Leclerc will both have bonza seasons.
- Williams 10th in the WCC once again.
- Changes galore to the racing calendar throughout the season (yay for Imola btw).

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Predictions for the '21 season:

- Lewis Hamilton's final WDC.
- Alonso & Vettel having underwhelming seasons, respectively.
- Perez to take the fight to Max in arguably the most mouth-watering teammate war of the season.
- Ricciardo & Leclerc will both have bonza seasons.
- Williams 10th in the WCC once again.
- Changes galore to the racing calendar throughout the season (yay for Imola btw).
I tend to think there are two things Lewis truly seeks, an 8th title, and 100 wins. I can see him fairly easily acheiving both and then promptly retiring at the end of the season

Speaking of retirement, I suspect that this will be the last season for Raikkonen, which would be a majorly sad day. If his retirement speech doesn't consist of him stumbling up to the stage, saying little more than "it was alright", before taking another swig of his bottle of Jagermiester and walking off with two models beside him I would be a touch disappointed

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I tend to think there are two things Lewis truly seeks, an 8th title, and 100 wins. I can see him fairly easily acheiving both and then promptly retiring at the end of the season
Yeah, I have the same feeling regarding Lewis. He's at the point of his life where he has already made his millions & really doesn't have anything to prove in motorsport anymore. Seems to have his fingers in a lot of pies outside of the sport too, so I can pretty easily see him venturing off into new commitments outside of F1 after this season.

Speaking of retirement, I suspect that this will be the last season for Raikkonen, which would be a majorly sad day. If his retirement speech doesn't consist of him stumbling up to the stage, saying little more than "it was alright", before taking another swig of his bottle of Jagermiester and walking off with two models beside him I would be a touch disappointed
He knows what he's doing!

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Here we go

Looking forward to the final race in what has been the best championship battle in a long time. Don't really have a preference either way with Lewis or Max, just going to enjoy whatever happens