• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Ha, I don’t see a huge amount of hate for him from Rangers fans. Relatively speaking of course. They’re not exactly a fan base that’s reluctant to make enemies.
We should have buried him last season and instead we've allowed him to swan down to the Premier League as a success in Scotland.

His European record is dreadful and he's shown nothing tactically that makes me think he'll be successful.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Even with all the caveats Celtic have a very, very effective attack. I’m sure we disagreed on this at the start of the season and I feel like my side of the argument has aged better.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Even with all the caveats Celtic have a very, very effective attack. I’m sure we disagreed on this at the start of the season and I feel like my side of the argument has aged better.
There's no doubt they create and score chances much more effectively than we did. Some of that is system, some is personnel (Morelos at Celtic wouldn't score the goals Furuhashi does because in 6 years he failed to ever learn how to run across a defence to the front post), my point is that I've been at 7 Old Firm games where Postecoglu managed Celtic and was never wowed or blown away by them. They're a good side but they're not an amazing one.

KinPer

Cricket Spectator
We should have buried him last season and instead we've allowed him to swan down to the Premier League as a success in Scotland.

His European record is dreadful and he's shown nothing tactically that makes me think he'll be successful.
Some success gives him a chance to prove himself again, doesn't it? Maybe a negative record in Europe has allowed him to learn a lot and make the right mistakes. Either way, he has a chance to do something. It will be interesting.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
For this level of play, probably yes. Haarland is really good. But a bit aggressive.
City spent £100m on Jack Grealish. They wouldn't hesitate to pay considerably more than that for a player who appears to be an absolutely generational talent. He's the kind of player that literally any team would sign if they had the financial means to do so.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haaland is 22, just broken the EPL scoring record and will have very few international commitments to speak of as his country’s team is crap

Arguably the most valuable player on the planet

Kraken

International 12th Man
As much as I’m not particularly a huge fan of his (back from his days coaching in Aus), but it’s an undoubtedly a huge day for him and Australian Football. If he gets the players to buy in, then I think he will do well imo

duffer

Haaland is 22, just broken the EPL scoring record and will have very few international commitments to speak of as his country’s team is crap

Arguably the most valuable player on the planet

BoyBrumby

Englishman

The Italian fans covering themselves in glory once again, I see.

I mean, I know we're not exactly innocents abroad as a footballing nation, but yer Eyeties have a nasty habit of bringing knives to a fist fight.

Even the locals are saying the Irons' fans did nothing wrong.

ripper868

International Coach
West Ham fans doing their bit to make sure the ban on drinking in view of the pitch stays in force. nasty cut on the Fiorentina player.

Cut from a pretty innocuous looking cup throw tbh.

grecian

Yeah, this is going to be big problem for West Ham, gotta say didn't want them to win, itfp, vile Tory mob. Yet ya know Italian fan culture not exactly lovable.