• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
There seems to be some doubt as to which wide Niall is on. I'd like to make it clear that Niall is on the same side he's always on (i.e. the fence's/Twitter's).

Niall

International Coach
Sancho has had a good end to the season. Wout is just a baffling decision to bring in, to play so much and to ever expect a goal. But it’s what you do when you have to shop in the mid season bargain bin with no money.
He's not up to it , some nice moments here and their but overall has not had a good season since he joined. It was night and day when Garmacho came on as despite the obvious rawness he was much more threatening.

Would not have mattered but did think it was odd that we did not see Pellestri today also. Its very weird the relationship with ETH, gets limited cameos , does well and don't see him again.:laugh:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not the first nor the last time I’ll say this, but I find it utterly perplexing when fans use the term ‘fraud’ about players. You think top class managers are somehow hoodwinked that he’s any good?
I just think of it as a synonym for "not worth the money" or "far shitter than anticipated".

Don't think anyone could claim Sancho has looked like an £80m player in his OT spell. Especially given Haarland was about £30m cheaper.

Himannv

International Coach
I just think of it as a synonym for "not worth the money" or "far shitter than anticipated".

Don't think anyone could claim Sancho has looked like an £80m player in his OT spell. Especially given Haarland was about £30m cheaper.
The Harland signing doesn’t represent market value though. He had a release clause that allowed him to leave for that fee once the time came. If that wasn’t in place, he’d have been a lot more expensive.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah DeGea is finished but he will be number one next year no matter the owners. The money will be spent on a striker or two and maybe some midfield options.

City deserved winners, United deserve no pity got a soft penalty and started Sancho the biggest fraud of his generation and then to top it all off brought on Wout aka the worst striker in the premier league when they needed a goal. Not. A. Serious. Team.
They will pay the dirties 20-30 million for Ilan Meslier, an up and coming ball playing keeper that just needs a defense that isn't hell bent on handing out shots on target like candy to restore his confidence. Then we can abuse him and his lineage for 'treason' every time United come by to drub us out of the League cup.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
The Harland signing doesn’t represent market value though. He had a release clause that allowed him to leave for that fee once the time came. If that wasn’t in place, he’d have been a lot more expensive.
Which is the kind of thing a club with its transfer agenda in order would take advantage of

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Postecoglou apparently agreed to terms with Spurs. Absolutely massive for Aus football.

KinPer

Cricket Spectator
If transfermarkt.com is believed, Haarland is worth €170m. Would Manchester City pay that much?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
2 year deal, Levy is stingy af. No wonder nobody wanted the job.

As much fun it is to laugh at Spurs it’s hard not to want him to succeed. Such a likeable guy.