• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Postecoglou rumoured to be under consideration by Spurs

Really good coach with a very different philosophy

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He’d be a good choice. Not sure if it’s a great time to take that job, they’re kind of at the end of a cycle. It kinda depends whether expectations have adjusted enough. Arteta took over at a similar time and for a while it didn’t look like he’d survive the short term poor performance.

Niall

International Coach
I am winning good money (for me) when City when the treble so biased, but that's a very soft pen to say the least.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Complete joke of a pen but this really isn’t the one-sided game I was worried about. City haven’t created much.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lol, timing. De gea was dire there.
Your second sentence works without "there" too.

Used to be a fan, but he's just dropped off a cliff, form wise. Probably shouldn't even call it "form" because the southward trajectory of his performance has been going on way too long now just to be the vicissitudes of form.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I wasn’t paying attention to his movement till the Europa goal where it was called out. It’s quite poor when you watch for it.

Uppercut

Your second sentence works without "there" too.

Used to be a fan, but he's just dropped off a cliff, form wise. Probably shouldn't even call it "form" because the southward trajectory of his performance has been going on way too long now just to be the vicissitudes of form.
He’s had a few very good games too, but lots of big mistakes and when you add in his astonishingly bad distribution I really hope we let him go.

Tangles

He’s had a few very good games too, but lots of big mistakes and when you add in his astonishingly bad distribution I really hope we let him go.
No chance if the Gazers are still around. I can’t believe a decision still hasn’t been made when they started the process in Nov.

Niall

International Coach
No chance if the Gazers are still around. I can’t believe a decision still hasn’t been made when they started the process in Nov.
Yeah DeGea is finished but he will be number one next year no matter the owners. The money will be spent on a striker or two and maybe some midfield options.

City deserved winners, United deserve no pity got a soft penalty and started Sancho the biggest fraud of his generation and then to top it all off brought on Wout aka the worst striker in the premier league when they needed a goal. Not. A. Serious. Team.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not the first nor the last time I’ll say this, but I find it utterly perplexing when fans use the term ‘fraud’ about players. You think top class managers are somehow hoodwinked that he’s any good?

Tangles

Sancho has had a good end to the season. Wout is just a baffling decision to bring in, to play so much and to ever expect a goal. But it’s what you do when you have to shop in the mid season bargain bin with no money.

Niall

International Coach
Wait I thought you were actually a United fan. Just one of those ones that constantly moans about their own side.
Mixed feelings , football is a sport I struggle to win on (because I am an idiot ) so when I bet City to win the treble half expected them to get relegated knowing my luck. Didn't cheer on City today but had a horror letter from taxman the other day so yeah this softens the blow somewhat. 🤔

I'd probably be rambling about financial fair play etc and getting more worked up than usual on a warm June day otherwise. :laugh:

Last edited: