• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Stop crying you wuss, fun match, obvs Auba too good for Arsenal.
Quite.

I refuse to be anything other than elated, but we're pretty much where we were when we dicked the Chavs in the 2017 final: flaky side with one world class talent.

For Aubameyang read Sanchez.

Although PE might want to take note of what happened to Alexis's career once he left the Arse.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Quite.

I refuse to be anything other than elated, but we're pretty much where we were when we ****ed the Chavs in the 2017 final: flaky side with one world class talent.

For Aubameyang read Sanchez.

Although PE might want to take note of what happened to Alexis's career once he left the Arse.
He's done alright in Italy, but good luck getting anyone to pay even half of those wages in covid world, no matter how much conte may want him.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Admittedly I don't follow Italian domestic stuff with much more than a cursory glance at the results, but Alexis's tally of 4 in 22 for Inter is a little way off the goal every other game he managed for us.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Admittedly I don't follow Italian domestic stuff with much more than a cursory glance at the results, but Alexis's tally of 4 in 22 for Inter is a little way off the goal every other game he managed for us.
Don't really think anyone was saying he was as good as he was at his peak.

He's played deeper for Inter in a rotation of guys behind Lukaku up top. Has 9 assists to go along with the 4 goals. He also missed 12 games with a badly torn calf bang in the middle of the season (I think he might have missed the whole season, or close to it, without a shutdown) which derailed him when he was starting to get some consistent form. He wasn't back fully fit until well into the restart which of course lead to only 10 of those 22 games being starts.

In any case, he's been much better this year than he was at United, you can see it in just the way he carries himself on the pitch. Plus he's making insane amounts of money, I doubt he pines for a mid-table finish and the FA Cup. He might regret not joining City I guess, but even then United basically doubled the wage offering from City.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Arteta’s a good manager, but the squad is really bad. Maybe the cup win will buy him time to work on it.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Arteta’s a good manager, but the squad is really bad. Maybe the cup win will buy him time to work on it.
You'd hope so. I feel like he'll be there for a handful of years being recognised as a manager getting more from his team than the sum of the parts then move to a "better" job. I hope he gets backed a little and can shape a squad though, hard not to like the guy.

Uppercut

I think they’re in a bit of an Everton hole, where their transfer activity is bogged down by past mistakes and ageing players on big contracts that they can’t shift. Very difficult time to manage them. But if he gets through a couple of years it’s a big enough club to be top four or better.

flibbertyjibber

Is flibberty watching the snooker?
I was getting ready for work so hardly saw any of the football after half time. What I saw Chelsea should have wrapped it up early then Arsenal were the better side. Well done Arteta on winning a trophy so soon into the job.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What kinda crowds do they get? Obviously none ATM, but can't be doing with another of these 1.5k jobbies, they can stay in non-league hell for all I care. Yes I am not in a very giving mood ATM, pretty much everything sucks.

These clubs rarely do much for Lower League football.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
What kinda crowds do they get? Obviously none ATM, but can't be doing with another of these 1.5k jobbies, they can stay in non-league hell for all I care. Yes I am not in a very giving mood ATM, pretty much everything sucks.

These clubs rarely do much for Lower League football.
It looks like they get 1,300 on a good day. I think they're upgrading the ground since last season, but it looks a bit South Western League with an illegal pitch.