• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Apparently never actually playing in a role for one's club is no debar to fulfilling it for England.

See also Stones at right-back.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There was a tv game that Stones was RB last season as Coleman was injured and he was shocking. May have been the merseyside derby. He isn't a RB, looks a very good CB though.

Still better than Johnson though.

Eds

International Debutant
Yeah, Stones was awful at RB against us.

I'd be going for Nathaniel Clyne myself.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Clyne is good going forward but dodgy defensively right now. RB is weakest Area for England probably.

Was a good overall performance, day before btw by England.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I'd never thought I'd say it, but if Flanagan can go back to last year's level he'd be a decent choice for RB.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Here's all the incentive England players should need, win World Cup, bag Ana. There's a motivational poster for you.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
What a complete tosser Rodgers is. Let's prevent all injuries by keeping the players in bed between matches.
He's referring to the fact that Sturridge has specific training guidelines to keep him healthy. Hodgasaurus made him play 90 minutes in a friendly, just a few days after he had played 90 minutes in the prem. Then has him training full tilt. No wonder he got injured.

cpr

International Coach
Its an issue to be sure, one of Fergie's great irks that players weren't looked after on international duty, and often came back with injuries from pointless games - hence he became the master of finding an injury in advance.

Is it any wonder we can't get the best out of players when we can't even listen to their basic needs? How many other players may be fit to play, but nowhere near where they need to be because of the way we handle them?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Hodgson is probably one of those old timers who doesn't believe in sports science and believes people played three games a week had four full training sessions and never got injured back in his day.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Its an issue to be sure, one of Fergie's great irks that players weren't looked after on international duty, and often came back with injuries from pointless games - hence he became the master of finding an injury in advance.

Is it any wonder we can't get the best out of players when we can't even listen to their basic needs? How many other players may be fit to play, but nowhere near where they need to be because of the way we handle them?
Everytime Sturridge has been injured for us has been after an England call up. It's beyond coincidence. I understand that the national team manager will have different ideas and not want to kowtow to the clubs as they're looking after their own interests but there should be some common sense.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Would be really funny if Steve Gerrard pulled up with an injury early on tomorrow after opting out of England duty for the first time.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Really looking forward to Monreal and Özil defending against Nasri and Zabaleta tomorrow :dry: If Silva's got any sense (he does) he'll probably regularly drift over there and double up with Nasri as well.