• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2011-12

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
lol Arsenal!

Was on the cards too. And next week they face united with 0 DM's.

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
You just know that with a pubic haircut like that, Frimpong is going to be a little ****. Deserved booking, completely stupid though.

And as for the red, completely deserved

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't fault or get angry at the players, proud of how the young guys played. Vermaelen was excellent, Frimpong despite the red was enegetic, determined and looks very promising, Miquel, Jenks both gave everything. The only guys who were bad were Walcott and Arshavin.

But not understanding the heroic against all odds sentiment being paraded by the club. The odds were for the most part created by them, these guys shouldn't have been thrown into a situation like this so soon and I don't think we've reached our nadir yet.

Ah well, we're not in the title race this season but a couple of signings and we can make up plenty of ground in the race to 4th, which is still a realistic target. My oh my, Jack is going to hvae to carry this team, but unlike Cesc he won't have the experienced quality around to help him through it.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Been watching Soccer AM for about four years and I still don't know why. Any thoughts on it?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Been watching Soccer AM for about four years and I still don't know why. Any thoughts on it?
Probably about the same time I gave it away, tbh. Not been the same since Lovejoy left. **** as he obviously is, he did rather carry the show. Max a bit of a plank.

Local boy and a U's fan tho.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Probably about the same time I gave it away, tbh. Not been the same since Lovejoy left. **** as he obviously is, he did rather carry the show. Max a bit of a plank.

Local boy and a U's fan tho.
Yeah, Lovejoy while a complete **** that supported Watford up until mid-twenties and summed up perfectly here (When Saturday Comes - The Half Decent Football Magazine - No love, no joy) was indeed Soccer AM. The **** who replaced said ****, Andy Wankstein (another Essex mockney tosser who supports Manure) was so dire I almost felt sorry for the prick. While this Max guy is a no-mark from Bid TV or some crap he deserves uber credit for banging Izzy from Hollyoakes.

cpr

International Coach
Haha. Harsh Neil, but possibly only option left?

Fair play to Welbeck, that season on loan has done wonders, the movement overall for the 2nd goal was lovely. Nice to see a local lad in with all our youth signings too, would prefer if we make our own kids rather than fork out £15m for them (admittedly Cleverley is one of ours too, but not from these parts)

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Really good win in the end after a pretty ordinary first half, the young lads really are looking up for it at the moment - and good to see Friedel continuing his tradition of channelling Lev Yashin whenever he plays us.

What now for Berbatov? He wants to stay and Fergie is apparently rebuffing all offers, but he seems to have become fourth choice now and his record as an impact player off the bench is minimal.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
We've got several strikers out injured. Could do with a loanee for Wednesday's Cup game.

Just watched the United goals and am more depressed than having read about them. My only hope is that De Gea takes some tips from Friedel about channeling the spirits of old keepers, but ends up getting Taibi rather than Schmeichel.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
That city team is worrying tbh.

Good thing they have a defensive manager and some weaknesses in defence.