• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2011-12

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
You can have Wayne Bridge, Emmanuel Adeybayor, Craig Bellamy, Nedum Onouha, Roque Santa Cruz, Shaun-Wright Phillips and Dedryck Boyata for 20p.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Is there any reason why Theo Walcott’s got a book out? He is 22, won nothing, got no rep on the field or off and has played 5 full Premier League games for Arsenal in 5 years and that’s book worthy.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is there any reason why Theo Walcott’s got a book out? He is 22, won nothing, got no rep on the field or off and has played 5 full Premier League games for Arsenal in 5 years and that’s book worthy.
Lets hope there are lots of naked pics of his girlfriend then.:ph34r:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Arsene Wenger said:
"We will strengthen our squad of course, in the coming weeks"
...isn't there just one week left?

EDIT: Liverpool odds on to sign Coates, which is fantastic, especially for the money offered. Hopefully his temprament is under control.

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I really hope he pulls through a few good signings. I can't see him go out like this. Really starting to warm to him now the press are at his throat, would love to see him prove them all wrong again.

Honestly thing he must've had his hands tied to a large enough degree these past few years, there was a time he was criticised for not playing young players and he said "their experience comes at a cost in points" or something like that.

Feels a bit like the Simpson's episode when all the druks run from Moe's to church and the god squad run to the bar. That's sort of the vibe I'm getting from Arsenal fans.

Scaly piscine

Ooh nice the CDMs on terrestrial tonight, could be quite funny.

Chief Whingeur brought this all on himself really. To have a long team plan when you're buying up a team of mercenaries... It doesn't work unless you've some success. And he's not been prepared to overpay to get that - which is what he had to do. So the better mercenaries move on to a better mercenary team. Ones that will pay more and win something.

Last edited:

duffer

Meh, the whole plan was pre-Abramovich and pre-City. No-one could've predicted that happening. He's done as well as he could in the circumstances, if we go UEFA Cup it's truly end of an era but I can't hate the guy too much, despite the mistakes he's made.

Jarquis

Can never hold a negative opinion of Wenger purely for the fact that growing up as a kid 2001-2006 was ****ing incredible.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I think the whole Arsenal setup except most fans has now become too comfortable with the business plan of getting into the CL every season without spending big and then selling some players for big profit from time to time.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Been reading up on Barton's history. I think I have pity on him, but I do wonder if he's a prat creating terrible incidents, or if he's a victim of terrible incidents creating a prat.

cpr

International Coach
Been reading up on Barton's history. I think I have pity on him, but I do wonder if he's a prat creating terrible incidents, or if he's a victim of terrible incidents creating a prat.
Was certainly the former, and thats being polite about him. Complete ****-end for a long time.

However he's now certainly matured a fair bit... Still partial to losing his rag, but at least he's not for burning peoples faces anymore.... Certainly likes to speak his mind still.

Bit of a poor mans Roy Keane, though still a very decent player. Kind of player we could do with tbh......