• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2011-12

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd take him but now that we've got Mert, we need midfielders. One defensive and one attacking imo. Xerdan Shaqiri could be a good winger/forward option for us. M'Vila and Martin are pipe dreams for now though.

Bendtner to Stoke according to Danish press too. Really don't want to sell him, it should be Chamakh out on his ass.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Chelsea did them 5-0 as well, then there's the grey shirt classic where they conceded 6 (but scored 3)
Pretty sure we lost the grey shirt debacle game 3-1. The 6-3 was an entirely different pasting at The Dell, the following season IIRC.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Ah yes, that does sound right - I remember it was 11 goals conceded in 2 games and got the 2 mixed up.

grecian

Whiny prem bitches, getting a new ticket after a ****e performance, if I was to claim that from every abject display from City, I wouldn't have to pay for a ticket until 2021.

I'm sure we've gone ten games without scoring two away from home, you get that in one match. I'd of considered that a good away-day myself.

Scaly piscine

I'd take him but now that we've got Mert, we need midfielders. One defensive and one attacking imo. Xerdan Shaqiri could be a good winger/forward option for us. M'Vila and Martin are pipe dreams for now though.

Bendtner to Stoke according to Danish press too. Really don't want to sell him, it should be Chamakh out on his ass.
Giving myself a point for consistently saying he was never going to be the prolific goal-poacher numerous people said he would be.

cpr

International Coach
No point spiking Wenger with LSD, would be the worst acid trip ever. Anything strange or out of the ordinary he'd just claim he didn't see....

grecian

No point spiking Wenger with LSD, would be the worst acid trip ever. Anything strange or out of the ordinary he'd just claim he didn't see....
Unlike your manager who would claim what he saw was totally different then what the ref saw who must have had a bad trip, and the the ref in the next game should be strong enough to see the hallucenegenic fact for all decisions going to United........

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Apparently we're still talking to Bolton about Cahill and Blackburn about Samba. Would be stunned if we signed two centre backs this window as well as an experienced left back. Squillachi surely has to be out then.
If we lose Samba we'll be virtually relegated by Christmas. :(

cpr

International Coach
Unlike your manager who would claim what he saw was totally different then what the ref saw who must have had a bad trip, and the the ref in the next game should be strong enough to see the hallucenegenic fact for all decisions going to United........

Or just swear profusely and refuse to speak about it

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
BBC - Chief football writer Phil McNulty on Twitter: "Arsenal inquired about Mikel Arteta and Marouane Fellaini is also on the radar - but Everton are not expecting any major sales today."

Now those would be two top signings.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Giving myself a point for consistently saying he was never going to be the prolific goal-poacher numerous people said he would be.
Yeah, he was a poor signing. 50 odd goals for Bordeaux in close to 250 games and unlike say a Wiltord who played wing and striker for Bordeaux (and still had a better scoring ratio), Chamakh is just a bog standard centre forward who does not much else. This new guy, Park Chu-Young doesn’t have much of a record either.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
If we lose Samba we'll be virtually relegated by Christmas. :(
Already lining up the Championship players…

"Hearing reliable news that Robert Snodgrass could be on his way out of Leeds with Blackburn and two other Prem clubs interested."

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Arteta looks well set for Arsenal. Yakubu for Blackburn.

Stoke the big movers with Palacios, Jerome and Crouch.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Arteta would be a great get for The Arse. Fitness issues the main concern, but if he stays fit he could play for years. No pace to lose.

Sky reporting he's told Moyes he'd like the move.