• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2011-12

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Played 3/38
Conceded 10/nobodyhasa****ingclueandthat'sthepoint
Well, Wigan are the only team to have ever survived having shipped eight goals in a Premiership game, so if I were you I'd be getting Martinez in as a firefighter sharpish.

I spent the great majority of last year being rude to a kid in my class who was an obsessive Arsenal fan. I am trying to work out the best thing to say the first time I see him after the holidays.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Well, Wigan are the only team to have ever survived having shipped eight goals in a Premiership game, so if I were you I'd be getting Martinez in as a firefighter sharpish.
Pretty sure that's not true.

Infact read somewhere Manchester United have never conceded 8 in their whole history.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
mate, 3 days ago you were praising him and defending what he's done. now you're like, nah, gagf.
After seeing our team do the equivalent of ****ting their pants in public I think I've reverted back to where I was earlier. All well and good signing Park and Santos, but these signings surely weren't dependant on Cesc and Nasri leaving? Why didn't he hurry the **** up and get it done beforehand. Cahill too.

It's not the lack of signings that's killing me here it's the lack of planning involved. If we went out knowing full well Cesc, Gael and Samir had a foot out the door and bought the players we needed then it would've at least looked like they had some sort of contingency. Instead it was sell first, rely on kids and perma-crocks to do the job and if all else fails shuffle the pack a bit and hope it goes well.

Instead now it's panic buy time, this time with 80m or so in the bank and we're back at the $2 shop again for the likes of Benayoun, Alex and other cast-offs.

Heh, so that 'super super quality' requirement is out the window now. These guys have no clue, don't even let me get started on our defending and match tactics.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Infact read somewhere Manchester United have never conceded 8 in their whole history.
You've misunderstood here. What he means is that every team bar Wigan that has conceded 8 in a match has been relegated that season.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

Indeed. 7 zip is their biggest defeat against Blackburn in all comps. In the Premier League, would be when Newcastle stuck 5 past them. Cue Youtube clip of Albert merking Schmeichel.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Why Liverpool interested in bringing back Yossi? That makes no sense unless you want to do a Chimbonda, 'Arry style.

Meireles should be starting.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Davide Santon to Newcastle for 5 million.

Excellent move,imo. Has had a average season after his initial burst onto the scene, but is still 20 and has had 7 caps for Italy already.

Very surprised he is going so cheap and there is not more interest in him. Arsenal should have been queing up to sign him.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Indeed. 7 zip is their biggest defeat against Blackburn in all comps. In the Premier League, would be when Newcastle stuck 5 past them. Cue Youtube clip of Albert merking Schmeichel.
Chelsea did them 5-0 as well, then there's the grey shirt classic where they conceded 6 (but scored 3)

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Davide Santon to Newcastle for 5 million.

Excellent move,imo. Has had a average season after his initial burst onto the scene, but is still 20 and has had 7 caps for Italy already.

Very surprised he is going so cheap and there is not more interest in him. Arsenal should have been queing up to sign him.
Got a very dodgy knee, which isn’t great when you’re just 20 and you play full back. Maybe he can be transformed into a centre half, he started off as an attacking winger.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Didn't Middlesbrough do Citeh 8-1 a couple of years back?
Arse. Yes.

That's the time I use ITV.com for my stats.

It was an end-of-season meaningless match, though. Let's rewrite the stat from "Premiership game" to "live Premiership game"...

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
BBC Ticker - Arsenal are in advanced talks to sign Werder Bremen centre-half Per Mertesacker

Last time I really saw Per play (circa 2006), he was the slowest thing I have ever seen and he wasn't much of a defender either. He will get burned in the EPL.

duffer

But seriously, we could've completed this move a while ago. He was never signing an extension at Bremen.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Don't blame him tbh. As ****ty will be paying him good wages and is a good oppurtunity for him with his injury record and his career almost coming to a halt in the past few years.

But can't figure out why they would be interested in signing him, with their already bloated squad.

duffer

Apparently we're still talking to Bolton about Cahill and Blackburn about Samba. Would be stunned if we signed two centre backs this window as well as an experienced left back. Squillachi surely has to be out then.