• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2011-12

cover drive man

International Captain
Not too sure about the Bellamy signing. He's a good player and it's good to see some investment in British talent but we've already got a real selection box in the midfield already ATM such as:

Gerard
Henderson
Downing
Adam
Kuyt
Spearing
Bellamy
Rodriguez
Shelvey

It's going to be a tough contest for first team spots. Can see why Meireles and Cole left..

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ahhhhhhhhhh think you'll find he's a striker Cover Drive. Or a secondary winger.

Majin

International Debutant
Yeah neckless Craig usually plays off the centre forward or out on the wing. If he's anywhere near the standard he was for us in 09, on a free transfer that is a great signing for Liverpool, probably fair to say he was the best City player that season. I imagine he'll be playing a wide-ish role for the scousers, dunno what he's like now but has always generally been lightning fast, even now he's into his 30's. Will probably complement Carroll well. Think Liverpool have done pretty well really this window, got rid of a load of dead weight and wages and brought in some pretty decent signings, am looking forward to seeing how they go this season.

City/Liverpool probably the game I'm looking forward to the most this season, what with Kenny putting the scousers back in the Roy Evans style "you score 3, we'll score 4" lack of giving a **** about defence style and City having such a ridiculous attacking force and then **** like Lescott and Clichy in defence, got crazy attacking goalfest written all over the fixture.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Got a bit of an issue with his attitude I gather after last season. If he's motivated then a good signing, but if not...
Well, from what I remember it had much to do with the club not paying him. Which, if that is the case, is understandable.

Sky's confirmed the Arteta deal. Genuinely chuffed with that one.

Not convinced with Benayoun tho. We've already got the "flaky, lightweight thirtysomething luxury player" angle covered with Rosicky and Arshavin.
I disagree with you about Yossi. He is a player that might score/assist less goals than an Arshavin but his performances don't swing so drastically. A bit of stability and a good creative player who can play anywhere behind the forward. Also was good helping out in the defensive side of the game. I reckon he's still got something in the tank and that your style of play will suit him.

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
Steed Malbranque, who recently left Sunderland, has announced he's retiring to look after his son, who's been diagnosed with Cancer.

Puts the footballers world into perspective. WAG, was a solid if not amazing player, but could score a peach when needed.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Great to hear that you enjoyed the game Jono!
Thanks mate. Will definitely try and attend another one when I'm up in England again for sure.
White Hart Lane really is a pretty cool venue, who were you going for?
Yeah it was a pretty good stadium. Teams having their own stadium is a foreign concept today for Aussie Rules fans like me, so it was very cool.

I was a neutral but I was sitting with the Tottenham fans and I didn't want to be a dick (and get beaten up) and cheer on Manchester City so I guess you can say I was supporting Tottenham. But I actually didn't care about the result, was just thrilled to experience such an atmosphere and see 6 goals scored!

City were awesome though. I don't know much about football tactics so I can't analyse why they were superior, but it was awesome to watch!

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Steed Malbranque, who recently left Sunderland, has announced he's retiring to look after his son, who's been diagnosed with Cancer.

Puts the footballers world into perspective. WAG, was a solid if not amazing player, but could score a peach when needed.
Very sad, this and Mark Ovendale have really put things in perspective after the lunacy and hype of the transfer window.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Indeed. On Steed, he was a top player back in the days when Jean Tigana managed Fulham. Seemed destined to go onto big and better things ala Saha but never happened for him. Shame.