• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah indeed, from an Arsenal fan's perspective even a win here doesn't really change a great deal imo, as Arsenal will drop more points for the same reason. Still very up for this though, Arsenal vs Utd has always been the most exciting and tense game of the season for me personally. This is always the one I want to win more than any other, apart from maybe Spurs.

Would say it could go either way really, had Arsenal not had a load of dodgy results recently I would put them as favourites, particularly if they were playing at home. But as they have, and they are not...evens it up considerably. I think having Chamakh and Van Persie both available is pretty important, as otherwise there would be a huge risk of a physical mismatch with the Utd defence. Really don't think there's a lot in it, will just come down to which side plays better on the day (meaning Denilson must not play).
Have you seen our home form?

grecian

Sam Allardyce gone as manager of Blackburn, just means he'll infect another club soon though.

duffer

A pretty limp dick performance from us. Let United control the game most of the way Szczesny unlucky with the goal but looked good otherwise. Clichy can **** off though Seriously mate, just **** off now.

Pothas

Yeah United deserved to win, no doubt about that but watching United in a pub never fails to anger me so I am don't want to give them any credit.

Must say the overiding thought I had watching this match was how uttterly inferior both sides are to Barcelona. I know it is a different style of play and that United could on occasion beat them but still the gulf in class is ridiculous.

Delighted for Chesney and I thought he did well, saw that block that he did in the second half so many times last season.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Must say the overiding thought I had watching this match was how uttterly inferior both sides are to Barcelona.
Could apply to pretty much any two other teams in the world though TBF - Barca so much in a class of their own right now it's ridiculous.

Big win tonight though - way, way too early of course to be reading too much into it and all the top sides will drop plenty of points, but with a (winnable) game in hand to go five points clear that victory puts us in a really good position. Would love a win at the Bridge next weekend to really put a stamp on things.

I've criticised Berba as much as anyone - but he must surely be the only forward in the world who could be dropped for a League match having scored five in his previous outing. Have to feel for the bloke.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah United deserved to win, no doubt about that but watching United in a pub never fails to anger me so I am don't want to give them any credit.

Must say the overiding thought I had watching this match was how uttterly inferior both sides are to Barcelona. I know it is a different style of play and that United could on occasion beat them but still the gulf in class is ridiculous.

Delighted for Chesney and I thought he did well, saw that block that he did in the second half so many times last season.
This is what struck me as well. It was a poor quality game played between two ordinary sides. Not a lot between the two teams, but Arsenal's same old inadequacies show up yet again. Sczesny and Song the only two players who showed up, hopefully the one good thing we can garner from this match is that we will be shot of Almunia and Fabianski forever, or at least I can hope.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
As I've said before, one gets the feeling that the reason he hasn't been permanently axed already is because there has always been more glaring concerns which needed to be addressed. He's just lucky that our central defence is dodgy, and that our attack struggles against the big teams. Otherwise his head would well and truly be on the block after that, though again I suspect he will escape, for the aforementioned reasons.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Sam Allardyce gone as manager of Blackburn, just means he'll infect another club soon though.
Wow. Strikes me as somewhat harsh though. Not a fan of hoofball, and we were diabolical at times but we weren't as ugly a team as was made out (at least in the games I saw) and there's no denying that he brought us from being almost relegation certainties to a team safely mid table, that doesn't really look likely to figure in relegation. I think he did a pretty good job with us.