• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Anyone care to take a bet on whether he'll see out the duration of his contract?

Also, massive heh at him claiming Newcastle are one of the top 5 largest clubs in the country.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pardew loves to sup from a poisoned chalice - thought West Ham might choke the **** but was disappointed - surely Ashley will teach him the lesson he desperately needs to learn

.... not that I'm an embittered Reading fan you understand, and Coppell was twice the man Pardew would ever have been, but his use of the McGhee ****s trick was unforgiveable

Pothas

This being the Arsenal thread it is obviously wrong to credit Spurs but from a neutral perspective they pretty much always give you a good game. They also have in Modric my favourite player in the whole league.

Chelsea a fair bit better today, are not out of the title by any means but that was a big miss from Drogba.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great game, really enjoyed it. Puts Chelsea fourth, their next games are United at Stamford Bridge and Arsenal at the Emirates. Crucial period for them.

What on earth was Ancellotti doing leaving out Drogba...

Jarquis

May seem like I'm stating the obvious here but avoiding defeat tomorrow is crucial. If United beat us and then win against Chelsea and Spuds this month as well then we might as well give them the title now.

Pothas

United are not that good, will not win all those games.

Arsenal will probably go and do their playing well but lose trick but Im still tipping them to win tomorow.

Jarquis

Yeah, I don't fancy them to pick up 9 points but in all fairness a win against us, a win against Chelsea and then anything from the Spuds game is a bonus

Uppercut

United are not that good, will not win all those games.

Arsenal will probably go and do their playing well but lose trick but Im still tipping them to win tomorow.
Mmm, we're pretty dominant at home. Wouldn't say I'm supremely confident but we're definitely favourites..

duffer

I don't ever recall us scoring more than one goal at Old Trafford in a league game. Considering the fact that we're not going to keep a clean sheet I'd bite anyone's hand off for a 1-1 tonight. Although I can smell a 1-2 or 1-3 from here already.

A draw is all we need though, just to psychologically stop the bleeding from losses against the top 2. A win would be incredible but it's not a season ender if we don't. If we lose however then you know we'll collapse in a heap and cripple our Christmas schedule.

Summing up, not a must win but my god it's a must not lose game.

Uppercut

I don't ever recall us scoring more than one goal at Old Trafford in a league game. Considering the fact that we're not going to keep a clean sheet I'd bite anyone's hand off for a 1-1 tonight. Although I can smell a 1-2 or 1-3 from here already.

A draw is all we need though, just to psychologically stop the bleeding from losses against the top 2. A win would be incredible but it's not a season ender if we don't. If we lose however then you know we'll collapse in a heap and cripple our Christmas schedule.

Summing up, not a must win but my god it's a must not lose game.
Nah, you can totally deal with losing a match like this at this stage of the season. The decline in quality of the teams challenging for the title makes these matches a lot less important. United and Chelsea are going to slip up pretty often between now and May so there'll be plenty of opportunities to make up any ground you lose in matches as tough as these.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Nah, you can totally deal with losing a match like this at this stage of the season. The decline in quality of the teams challenging for the title makes these matches a lot less important. United and Chelsea are going to slip up pretty often between now and May so there'll be plenty of opportunities to make up any ground you lose in matches as tough as these.
Yeah indeed, from an Arsenal fan's perspective even a win here doesn't really change a great deal imo, as Arsenal will drop more points for the same reason. Still very up for this though, Arsenal vs Utd has always been the most exciting and tense game of the season for me personally. This is always the one I want to win more than any other, apart from maybe Spurs.

Would say it could go either way really, had Arsenal not had a load of dodgy results recently I would put them as favourites, particularly if they were playing at home. But as they have, and they are not...evens it up considerably. I think having Chamakh and Van Persie both available is pretty important, as otherwise there would be a huge risk of a physical mismatch with the Utd defence. Really don't think there's a lot in it, will just come down to which side plays better on the day (meaning Denilson must not play).