• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
In Euro news, Steve McClaren's FC Twente lead Ajax by 4 points for in the Dutch Eredivisie. And Vimes, Luis Suarez of Ajax who has 29 league goals this season, is as good as the goals suggest, or just another player who scores against rubbish teams (I'm sure most Championship teams would trash VVV Venlo who Ajax beat 7-0 on the weekend), and when they move to better leagues, they are crap (Kezman, Huntelaar etc.)?

Last edited:

social

I know McCLaren is the subject of much derision in Eng but he's done a bloody good job with Twente and must be in line for a pretty big job soon

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
In Euro news, Steve McClaren's FC Twente lead Ajax by 4 points for in the Dutch Eredivisie. And Vimes, Luis Suarez of Ajax who has 29 league goals this season, is as good as the goals suggest, or just another player who scores against rubbish teams (I'm sure most Championship teams would trash VVV Venlo who Ajax beat 7-0 on the weekend), and when they move to better leagues, they are crap (Kezman, Huntelaar etc.)?
I think that tally was before he scored a hat-trick in the 7-0 win on the weekend. Pretty sure he's on 32 now.

Loony BoB

International Captain
He's scored 12 in 23 in Europe so can't be all that bad. 10 in 29 for Uruguay against decent opposition, too, although not yet against a top 10 side that I'm aware of. Wouldn't mind him joining United, let's put it that way. Having said that, I'd be happy with the 16 year old Lukaku, who to me is right up there with a 16 year old Rooney when it comes to talent in Europe.

EDIT: I believe Suarez is also credited for assisting a large number of Huntelaar's goals, so he's good at creating, too.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
How do you spell relegation? :(

Had to work late and missed the game. Slightly relieved :cry:

This time 15 years ago we needed nine points out of fifteen to get into the Prem. Oh, how times have changed. Grim, grim, grim, grim, grim

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Thanks to the wonder that is mobile internet, here are some opinions on the whites for your perusal.

screwed...simple as.....time to prepare for stevenage away next year.
Were going down we are ****ing ****e **** off tranmere waste of space!
League 2 next season for sure!!! Disgrace tranmere ****in disgrace!!!!
Is so ****in pissd off!! Bye bye tranmere
Is board stiff at da match and can sum 1 tell me wot has happend to bas savage usless ****
Some classy spelling aside, I think you get the picture.

How do you spell ****?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I have a mate who's a Woking fan who thinks Bas Savage isn't fit for the Cards, never mind the football league.

Still, knowing City, you will now whip us 5-0 on Saturday and turn everything on its schnozz.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bas Savage was seriously awesome for us last season, though. Would even go as far to say that if Leeds hadn't chopped him in half with two games to go, we'd have scraped a play-off spot, as we drew our final two games and with him could conceivably have won one if not both. Can't remember now if two extra points would have done it for us, I'm thinking it would have done.

Since he's came back from injury he's been a shadow of himself, same as Chris Shuker. :(

grecian

I have a mate who's a Woking fan who thinks Bas Savage isn't fit for the Cards, never mind the football league.

Still, knowing City, you will now whip us 5-0 on Saturday and turn everything on its schnozz.

Ahh, good point, Cards are Woking, non-league offal that begin with "W", easy mistake to make:unsure:

Yeah, very happy with the scores tonight really, Murray's pen would of made it a bit better. Safety beckons hopefully:)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
In all seriousness, it's still hideously brown trousers down here.

If you win your game in hand, you're on 44, with Gills. Orient are on 45 - as Hartlepool will be after the deduction - and we're 46.

Still any one from five.