• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Craig

World Traveller
Not sure where you went, but i found the Espanyol training ground by accident and only found the Nou Camp by going out and looking for it.
I was staying a 10 minute walk away from the Nou Camp. But I visited the beach and went into La Rambla. It was a confusing place to begin with as the instructions to get to my hostel were in Spanish (as in the street names), but get there and it is in Catalan.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And so it starts

Can see legal action being threatened by whoever finishes 7th if this is allowed to be altered.

It's reminiscent of Leeds and their 15 point penalty a few years ago - warned in advance they'd have it then when it comes to it, cry to the authorities about it being unfair.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was staying a 10 minute walk away from the Nou Camp. But I visited the beach and went into La Rambla. It was a confusing place to begin with as the instructions to get to my hostel were in Spanish (as in the street names), but get there and it is in Catalan.
Suppose that makes sense. We were up in a car park outside a hospital up near the Gaudi park (Parc Guell? something like that). Miles away from the centre, miles away from the Nou Camp, miles away from the beach.

grecian

Oh yeah, I should be doing a GIMH-style, watch my team on Sky type push, but after our last two matches, I suggest you don't bother.

Still would take 0-0 for every match until the end of the season, **** entertainment, lets stay up:cool:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
How does the ref not send him off there? He's ****ing 2m away!
Called it at the time:

**** me; evil challenge from Terry on Milner there. Studs raised and catches him on the top of his calf. Shoulda been a red, IMHO.
Totally ****ing swallowed it. After Shawcross you'd hope this kinda deal was a straight red, no arguments.

Terry's just a prize ****. Runs in the family, I think. Good defender but he's lucky the alternatives are gash because he ain't that good.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
grecian and Pickup happy currently. I'd say less so for me, though tbh I think Exter will be just fine anyway

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
It's not often that you're gutted about being unbeaten in nine.

Still, ouch - but what an effort. Just need to keep fighting like that and we'll be fine.

grecian

It's not often that you're gutted about being unbeaten in nine.

Still, ouch - but what an effort. Just need to keep fighting like that and we'll be fine.
It was a massive performance, but a flukey goal at the end means there's lots more tension in this season to come.

Yet our football and defending was great tonight, shame about the officiating.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
It was a massive performance, but a flukey goal at the end means there's lots more tension in this season to come.

Yet our football and defending was great tonight, shame about the officiating.
I didn't, and still don't, think that was a pen, and Taylor was offside for our goal. No complaints.

One more win and we're safe.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
You two can look forward to next Monday when the mighty Greens are relegated live on TV. Something like 7-0 to Newcastle would seem a fair prediction.