• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Our game in hand is away from home (Brentford), forget about that.

We've two homes left. I thought tonight was a banker, so with that in mind, I don't think we'll get anything from Millwall, and am not confident of us beating you lot given that Swindon couldn't.

We have Colchester away, where we will get routed and Stockport away, which should be easy pickings so we'll probably give those bastards a nice send-off from professional football.

0 points out of 15, whites finishing 23rd. Three defeats in a row has sapped away all of my optimism. Thank god that ref against Norwich wanted to keep things interesting down at the bottom.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Management team rumoured to be replacing him - John Barnes and Jason McAteer. FFS this better be one of those prank rumours. ****ing disgrace. Gave Ronnie some stick early in this thread but he couldn't have done any more with what he had this season - they overperformed if anything. Peter Johnson, you may have saved the club twice and don't you like to remind us, now please kindly **** off
AWTA tbh

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't see the fuss about Terry's hand-ball, we keep on saying what we want is consistency with officiating, and there's no doubt that Terry is clearly just allowed to play basketball in the box, must be a new rule...

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't see the fuss about Terry's hand-ball, we keep on saying what we want is consistency with officiating, and there's no doubt that Terry is clearly just allowed to play basketball in the box, must be a new rule...
I actually used (well, paraphrased) this in a letter to F365 today. Which got published.

I owe you a beer.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haha, a couple in there that would have Scaly spewing. The Gerrard one at the top and the Benitez one, for example.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Our game in hand is away from home (Brentford), forget about that.

We've two homes left. I thought tonight was a banker, so with that in mind, I don't think we'll get anything from Millwall, and am not confident of us beating you lot given that Swindon couldn't.

We have Colchester away, where we will get routed and Stockport away, which should be easy pickings so we'll probably give those bastards a nice send-off from professional football.

0 points out of 15, whites finishing 23rd. Three defeats in a row has sapped away all of my optimism. Thank god that ref against Norwich wanted to keep things interesting down at the bottom.
I'm on the bench for Brentford that night, so you're not getting anything there.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Carn Arsenal, if we get nothing else from this season, a win here would be great, not only because the possibility of improving the league position, but because it could cost Spurs a champions league pleace.

On a side note, I will go out on a limb, and say, if Arsenal win all of their remaning fixtures (yeah, har-har I know) they will win the league, Chelsea will drop somewhere I think, just a matter of whether Arsenal can get themselves in a position to capitalise when they do.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Carn Arsenal, if we get nothing else from this season, a win here would be great, not only because the possibility of improving the league position, but because it could cost Spurs a champions league pleace.

On a side note, I will go out on a limb, and say, if Arsenal win all of their remaning fixtures (yeah, har-har I know) they will win the league, Chelsea will drop somewhere I think, just a matter of whether Arsenal can get themselves in a position to capitalise when they do.
Still not convinced. Even if Chelsea lose at Anfield their GD is as good as an extra point. Know they have to play Spurts too, but they invariably wallop them.

Our interest ends tonight unless we win tho; sure of that much.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Still not convinced. Even if Chelsea lose at Anfield their GF is as good as an extra point. Know they have to play Spurts too, but they invariably wallop them.

Our interest ends tonight unless we win tho; sure of that much.
Yes indeed, can't see us losing this one outright though. My money is on a draw, can see Arsenal either pulling it back late on or conceding in terrible fashion in the dying minutes.

chalky

International Debutant
Arsenal really lacking a cutting edge so far thought Wenger would have started with Theo over Eboue

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Arsenal really lacking a cutting edge so far thought Wenger would have started with Theo over Eboue
Agree with the cutting edge part completely. Arsenal have dominated this match but have totally failed to create any sort of chances. I imagine the reason Walcott hasn't started is a tactical move though, Arsene is probably planning on using his pace later on with the fact that Spurs have only just come off the back of 120 minutes against Portsmouth at the weekend in mind. Surely have to see Van Persie if things don't improve as well.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sure we will see him and Van Persie before long, Arsenal fans must be so sick of this kind of games like this. I know people are hard on Bendtner but he hasn't contributed a single good thing in this half

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Sure we will see him and Van Persie before long, Arsenal fans must be so sick of this kind of games like this. I know people are hard on Bendtner but he hasn't contributed a single good thing in this half
I was thinking more or less the same thing exactly to be honest. I like Bendtner, in his defence I will say that he has scored some very important goals for the team this season, and adds some extra dimension to the the play (albeit a somewhat tenuous point, particularly given the fact that Arsenal simply cannot create openings) by using his height, and has won the ball in the air a fair few times tonight, something no other Arsenal player can do. But his first touch is so perpetually and incredibly crap, I sympathise with him more than most, but he has really annoyed me this evening. If Van Persie had been able to play the whole match and that chance where Bentdner got the ball stuck under his feet had fallen to him, it would be 1-1, no doubt about that whatsoever.