• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Know he's top class, but Ribery making Neville look every second of his 35 years here.

If Bayern had a striker worthy of the name they'd be ahead by now. Olic; eeuuww.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
First 64 seconds aside, that was largely gash from United and we're lucky to be going in one up TBH. Getting completely overrun in midfield - Carrick, Scholes and Park have all looked particularly sluggish and Bayern are out-hustling and out-muscling us.

Still, I'll happily take it if the scoreline stays like this.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
First 64 seconds aside, that was largely gash from United and we're lucky to be going in one up TBH. Getting completely overrun in midfield - Carrick, Scholes and Park have all looked particularly sluggish and Bayern are out-hustling and out-muscling us.

Still, I'll happily take it if the scoreline stays like this.
Aye, yeah. The one stat that matters and all that.

If Rooney was playing for Bayern it'd be a cakewalk for them tho.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jesus VDS has been jammy tonight; every parry has fallen safely.

Ferdinand looks a spent force again too. Legs are gone IMHO.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Ah, schadenfreude. The best kind of freude.

Most importantly, however, what's Wayne done to his foot? Please not the metatarsal, please not the metatarsal, please not the metatarsal, please not the metatarsal, please not the metatarsal, please not the metatarsal...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Great advantage from the ref there; Vidic flattens Gomez but Evra falls asleep and Olic nips in. 2-1.

& Rooney limping off. ****ing great. Thanks God. 8-)

Gomez looks to have stamped on his foot. **** me gently. That'll be a metatarsal then. :cry:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Unbelievably poor performance that got exactly what it deserved. No complaints.

Rooney's injury looks really, really worrying though.

Retox

State Vice-Captain
Well I'm happy that Man U lost a lady at work is from Manchester and drives me insane with her love "of the greatest footballing team in the world"

:D

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rooney out for 3 weeks would be ideal actually, would miss most of United's crucial games and then have a good few weeks playing time to recapture form and fitness.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He had a horrid night after scoring the goal.

Find myself hoping for the polar opposite of everyone else on this page. Would rather he just wasn't injured at all tho. We have a really good record without him, but it's a massive blow. I wonder how we'll do.

duffer

Richard Keys during the replay of Shrek's injury. "Not for the faint hearted"

**** off. He turned it a bit. Take his knob out of your mouth for 5 minutes, please.

EDIT: Think United are going to be hurt by this a fair bit. You can get by without him for one game but when they're piling up thick and fast you'll need his bailouts. Shame it means Chelsea are winning the title now but the Champions League is so ridiculously open this year.

Last edited:

duffer

Loss, brutal brutal beatdown. Cesc off to Barca, Arsene off to Real. David O'Leary named new manager. Doom.

Jarquis

The worst then?
Think if Gallas and Cesc are fit it will be a massive boost. The idea of Campbell at the back or Song not being in midfield makes me shudder. As does Cesc not being there obviously.
At the risk of sounding obvious, it's going to be a massive task. Cleansheet is of utmost importance (wishful thinking etc....).

duffer

I really don't know what will happen. The last time we played them we troubled them early on untill Gilberto's hospital ball and Jens having to rush out like that. Think we can beat them but don't think we will. Just too many clowns we have to carry defensively to make it happen but believe we will test them.