• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wouldn't disagree with any of that. If we are to beat them we can't afford any mistakes. Against some sides you can get away with one or two bits of slopiness but Barca will just tear us apart in a moment if somebody has a lapse of concentration. What worries me is that we could play out of our skins and there's still a chance it might not be enough as Barca are just that good at the moment.

duffer

Not fussed about that. They're a better team than us, they should be able to play better and beat us. If that doesn't happen it's a bonus imo.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Richard Keys during the replay of Shrek's injury. "Not for the faint hearted"

**** off. He turned it a bit. Take his knob out of your mouth for 5 minutes, please.

EDIT: Think United are going to be hurt by this a fair bit. You can get by without him for one game but when they're piling up thick and fast you'll need his bailouts. Shame it means Chelsea are winning the title now but the Champions League is so ridiculously open this year.
The thing is, there's only six games left. They only have to stumble over the finish line one way or another, and United without Rooney have done really well this season- they were excellent away to Bolton on Saturday. It's the big games I'm worried about- Chelsea on Saturday and the second half of the Bayern game look so much more daunting without Rooney. I certainly think his injury's more of a blow to Champions League hopes than those in the league.

cpr

International Coach
With Uppercut there, we've done alright without Wayne, because were not relying on him doing 'something special', just relying on him being in the right place to finish off good moves. Now Berbatov suddenly stopped taking his '12 steps' approach to football and is covering ground, he's showing he can be in those positions to get the goals, . However next two games are huge, and could really do with our best striker.

duffer

Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh has hinted he will be playing for Arsenal next season.

The Gunners were heavily linked with the France-born Morocco international last summer only for Les Girondins to dig in their heels.

They refused to do business, and with the 26-year-old out of contract in the summer he now looks set to leave for nothing.

Both Arsene Wenger's men and Liverpool have been linked with the striker and he concedes he is finding it difficult to ignore the prospect of playing for the former.

He told L'Equipe: "Do I already have Arsenal on my mind? A little, but our end of the season is so important that I can't plan for life after Bordeaux.

"I took a risk by not prolonging my contract because could get injured at any moment. It is the first time I will be a free agent.

"If I extended a transfer clause, everyone could take advantage of it. But the situation is much more complex. I take on my choice."

End of the road for Vela or Eduardo tbh. Possibly both with Wellington hitting town next January too.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
With Uppercut there, we've done alright without Wayne, because were not relying on him doing 'something special', just relying on him being in the right place to finish off good moves. Now Berbatov suddenly stopped taking his '12 steps' approach to football and is covering ground, he's showing he can be in those positions to get the goals, . However next two games are huge, and could really do with our best striker.
Yeah, agree with this - pretty concerned about Chelsea but I think it's a actually a really exciting opportunity for this team to show they're not over-reliant on Rooney. As has been said, we've done well without him this year anyway but the media hype remains that we're lost without him.

Having slept on it, I'm trying to take the positives out of last night's game (not difficult as there are so few of them) - and the main one is that we couldn't have been much worse or more embarrassingly outplayed, and yet somehow are still in the tie. If even some of our midfield bothers showing up at OT then I'm still confident we'll pull this off.

Speaking of midfields - I've always thought him a bit of a ****, but **** me Van Bommel was good last night.

chalky

International Debutant
Sky reporting Rooney out for a month not the worst news for an England fan should keep him reasonably fresh for the World Cup.

Uppercut

There aren't many that aren't, but you can't claim Utd's battery of OGs this year as nothing to do with luck and Ribery's goal last night as good fortune in the same breath.
Well, Ribery scored a lucky goal but only an idiot would say Bayern had been lucky to beat us as a result considering the extent of their dominance. United's first goal was deflected too but no one talks about that because only the fans of the side that loses complain. It's much the same with the lucky goals United have scored this season- perhaps that's what Xavier meant? Or am I giving him too much credit?

Uppercut

Sky reporting Rooney out for a month not the worst news for an England fan should keep him reasonably fresh for the World Cup.
2-4 weeks I hear. He'll miss our games with Chelsea, Blackburn, Citeh and possibly Spurs in the league. But there's a good chance he'll be fit for the rest of the Champions League games if we get past Bayern.

Jarquis

For those not watching : No, I'm not high/derranged/mentally ill so don't look at my funny when I say this.

If it wasn't for Almunia we'd be out of this. Some absolutely phenomenal saves. Seriously. FMD.