• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, tooooooooooooooold you about Babel! Really excited for the game. Please may Lucas not start...
TBF, his performances have been OK. But considering the dross he was serving up it probably feels like he is doing much better than he actually has been.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
United win, deservedly imo. Hate the style of football we played tonight, just ineffective and not good to watch, particularly after we were sensational with our style last week. Get Lucas out of there. And I'd say Johnson aswell, but we've spent to much on him ey? Haha.
All hail Glen Johnson - one of England's premier fullbacks. :ph34r:

Haha, still not convinced with him defensively. But so, so happy with that first half! Beautiful to watch, everything I love about Liverpool right there. Wouldn't mind seeing Aquilani on for Rodriguez at some point mind, as much as I love Maxi.

Would be very interested to see our results when Lucas has started. Yucky.

ps expecting 6-0 at full time plox.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seriously good performance from Liverpool today. Their best of the season, out of the games that I've watched anyway.

Uppercut

This is why Glen Johnson divides. Some games he looks clueless, others he looks like Cafu.
I think everyone agrees that he's great going forward and a liability at the back. There's just widespread disagreement over whether his prank-defending is worth carrying for the quality he provides going forwards.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think everyone agrees that he's great going forward and a liability at the back. There's just widespread disagreement over whether his prank-defending is worth carrying for the quality he provides going forwards.
I'm very firmly in the "no, no it isn't" category, especially if we play Lennon or Walcott in front of him as they're unlikely to provide much in the way of cover.

Blakey ftw.

Uppercut

I'm very firmly in the "no, no it isn't" category, especially if we play Lennon or Walcott in front of him as they're unlikely to provide much in the way of cover.

Blakey ftw.
Same.

Can see the Neviller making a late comeback, he's been excellent these past few weeks and I don't think Capello will mind too much about his age.

cpr

International Coach
Age shouldn't be a factor IMO. If your performing now, then you should be in the team. OK at the start of a qualifying campaign you'll look to the players you'll need in 2 years time at the finals, and make sure they are ready, but when the finals comes, you want the best 11 out there, so if a 35 year old is outperforming a 20 odd year old, play the 35 year old (esp if he's got the experience)

Not saying Neville is the best RB in the country ATM, but if he was then his age shouldn't factor (again though, would be a factor for EC 2012 quals)

Uppercut

I don't think you can pick Neville at the moment on the basis of a few weeks of solid performances. But if he carries on as he's been playing for the rest of the season it'll be hard to make a case not to take him, especially if he does well in the big European games. It's not exactly an area where England are blessed with an abundance of quality.

cpr

International Coach
Oh aye, agree with that like, just can see some people would argue against it because of his age. Be a bit silly to argue to plan for the future whilst the biggest tournament is going on now, thats all.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Painful game to watch on Saturday. Told me nothing I didn't already know. Shame we're throwing away chances at trophies so that some of our precious kids don't have to work to win a place in the first team squad.