• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies 2022

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That’s absolutely top-tier appealing. Makes me sad that DRS has taken that dark art out of the game at the highest level.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is a lot more like an England of a few years ago innings. Never thought I would be nostalgic for those but here we are.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is a lot more like an England of a few years ago innings. Never thought I would be nostalgic for those but here we are.
Yeah, in the end we used to paper over all the ****e starts. Nice innings by Foakes, shame it's not a bit more substantial, but certainly a good effort.

Flametree

International 12th Man
That is one miserable West Indies batting line-up. How is Campbell back in the side? With a long tail to boot. Mayers - or any other batting allrounder if he's injured - for Joseph seems a no-brainer... I think England probably have enough now for a first innings lead. (I accept that this England bowling line-up doesn't inspire much confidence either.)

Woodster

International Captain
Foakes looked at ease with his game, with the tempo of his batting in Test cricket, he’s obviously not as explosive as Buttler but I am hopeful he’s going to be able to consistently contribute at number seven and I always look forward to his glovework!

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Great fight back from 48/4. If England can get through the 2nd new ball and JB can go big tomorrow 350 would be outstanding.

Woodster

International Captain
Same top order struggles for England but a very good recovery by the middle order. Fair play to Bairstow again, a ton in a live series always more important for me. Had decent support from Stokes, Foakes and now Woakes probably means England are in the ascendancy when it did not look at all likely at 48/4.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fair innings that from Bairstow, especially given how much trouble England were in when he came to the crease.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Well done England and Bairstow. Perhaps won day 1 after choosing to bat first and falling to 48/4 against a pretty decent WI pace attack.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Same top order struggles for England but a very good recovery by the middle order. Fair play to Bairstow again, a ton in a live series always more important for me. Had decent support from Stokes, Foakes and now Woakes probably means England are in the ascendancy when it did not look at all likely at 48/4.
Fair call on the live series, although I don't think anything could be taken away from the knock at Sydney. That was class. At the end of a big tour, with the quality of the Aussie attack, obviously the demoralised nature of that tour for England, it probably also paved the way for the confidence to score this ton as well. Always been a more than capable player ol' YJB

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Fabulous innings from YJB it has to be said. That's the best he's batted against us. He usually looks a couple of deliveries away from being bowled between the gate but he was rock solid today, so fair play.

It looks a new ball pitch to me, as it really didn't do much between overs 40 and 80. Normally I'd say we has a slight advantage with the side that won the toss and batted being 260/6. But I understand why England fans feel they are slightly ahead after the winter they've had and the pure inadequacy of our top and middle order.