• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies 2022

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
West Indies vs England, T20 series dates (all in Barbados)
Saturday, January 22 - first T20I West Indies vs England
Sunday, January 23 - second T20I West Indies vs England
Wednesday, January 26 - third T20I West Indies vs England
Saturday, January 29 - fourth T20I West Indies vs England
Sunday, January 30 - fifth T20I West Indies vs England

West Indies vs England, Test series dates
March 1-4 - Four-day warm-up match at Coolidge Cricket Ground, Antigua
March 8-12 - first Test match, West Indies vs England, at Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Ground, Antigua
March 16-20 - second Test match, West Indies vs England, at Kensington Oval, Barbados
March 24-28 - third Test match, West Indies vs England, at National Cricket Stadium, Grenada

England T20 squad to face West Indies
Eoin Morgan (Middlesex – captain), Moeen Ali (Worcestershire), Tom Banton (Somerset), Sam Billings (Kent), Liam Dawson (Hampshire), George Garton (Sussex), Chris Jordan (Surrey), Liam Livingstone (Lancashire), Saqib Mahmood (Lancashire), Tymal Mills (Sussex), David Payne (Gloucestershire), Adil Rashid (Yorkshire), Jason Roy (Surrey), Phil Salt (Lancashire), Reece Topley (Surrey), James Vince (Hampshire), Harry Brook (Yorkshire)

West Indies T20I squad: Kieron Pollard (capt), Nicholas Pooran, Fabian Allen (England T20Is only), Darren Bravo (England T20Is only), Roston Chase, Sheldon Cottrell, Dominic Drakes, Shai Hope, Akeal Hosein, Jason Holder, Brandon King, Kyle Mayers, Rovman Powell, Romario Shepherd, Odean Smith, Hayden Walsh Jr
Reserves: Jayden Seales, Alzarri Joseph, Devon Thomas

Test Squads TBC

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The one month gap between series seems bizarre TSTL. Is there anything planned in the interim?

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
England lost the test series last time, or am I mis-remembering?

The WI are also in dire straits so this could be an entertaining series!

ImpatientLime

International Regular
England lost the test series last time, or am I mis-remembering?

The WI are also in dire straits so this could be an entertaining series!
yep. england have won once in about 40+ years in the Caribbean. vaughan's lot in 2004 the last to do so.

two good bowling attacks versus two embarrassing batting lineups. if root fires england should win but thats a big if.

good to see jofra back working with the england squad. just standard fitness drills though by the looks of it.

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
yep. england have won once in about 40+ years in the Caribbean. vaughan's lot in 2004 the last to do so.

two good bowling attacks versus two embarrassing batting lineups. if root fires england should win but thats a big if.

good to see jofra back working with the england squad. just standard fitness drills though by the looks of it.
Jofra should sit out the T20s and be fresh for the test series.

Archer, Wood and Mahmoud hsould be the bowling attack.

Beamer

The one month gap between series seems bizarre TSTL. Is there anything planned in the interim?
West Indies are going on a white ball tour of India. Our FC season also starts so we might even see some new faces in the test batting lineup, especially as we have new selectors.

Beamer

As for the T20s, I just can't bring myself to care. I think there's been too much cricket, too many matches in a row batting badly.

I'll watch in the hope someone does something special but I just don't feel invested in these 5 matches

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Crazy that this is basically the team that was comprehensively beaten twice by Ireland a week ago.

To be fair it was the West Indies batting that was terribad. Bowling first tends to suit this mercurial white ball side nowadays.

Niall

International Coach
Crazy that this is basically the team that was comprehensively beaten twice by Ireland a week ago.

To be fair it was the West Indies batting that was terribad. Bowling first tends to suit this mercurial white ball side nowadays.
I don't think it was in this format tbf.

An argument to be made the west indies 50 overs team the most useless of all 3.

I know the t20 team is in a slump, but its got serious pedigree.