• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies 2022

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I thought we bowled ok tbh. Jayden Seales had his worst day in tests so far and yet still took 2 wickets. He's going to be some bowler.

Alzarri continues to struggle in tests, he just isn't consistent at all.

Holder was outstanding, Roach decent as usual.

Woodster

International Captain
Fair call on the live series, although I don't think anything could be taken away from the knock at Sydney. That was class. At the end of a big tour, with the quality of the Aussie attack, obviously the demoralised nature of that tour for England, it probably also paved the way for the confidence to score this ton as well. Always been a more than capable player ol' YJB
It was a fantastic innings at Sydney, no doubt, no easy Ashes hundreds especially for the English in Australia. I just think they lose some significance in my eyes when the series is done and dusted and the opposition may lack 0.1% of the intensity they would have in a series that’s on the line. No doubt today’s was against a far weaker attack but we were in trouble at 48/4 on the opening day of a series while trying to rebuild a side who’s confidence is pretty low. The magnitude of the knock won’t be known yet, but it just feels more important for England to me.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I really am not sure about this pitch after the first session, it went a bit pudding-like, could it get even slower? In case not much hope for bowlers. We;ll see though.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
This feels like an England of 2016-19 performance. Top order ****ed up, then middle order/tail drag them to a decent score, usually thanks to stokes/Bairstow/woakes/Curran. Only missing a root 50.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Also, west indies fielding seemed pretty eh from the highlights, 3 drops, all on players who ended up making 30/40 odd after the top order ****ed up

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Just wanted to log on today to say one thing. Overton and Woakes instead of Anderson and Broad??? ?????? kthxbye

Beamer

Also, west indies fielding seemed pretty eh from the highlights, 3 drops, all on players who ended up making 30/40 odd after the top order ****ed up
Yeah. The groundfielding was mostly excellent, energy levels good. But catching was not the best.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Bairstow guts it well & deserved a big score. About time has he tends to do it when it doesn't really matter like in Sydney

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
After Foakes' dismissal, Chris Woakes arrived to round out the 'Stokes, Foakes, Woakes' cult theme of the day and he shared an unbroken 54-run partnership with Bairstow, who ended the day 109 not out, to see England through without further loss.
Cricinfo is onto us

Beamer

I really am not sure about this pitch after the first session, it went a bit pudding-like, could it get even slower? In case not much hope for bowlers. We;ll see though.
I think it's a new ball wicket. You can easily take 4 or 5 wickets in the first 20 overs, but then it really flattens out and it's very hard to get wickets.

ashley bach

International Captain
Woke up expecting WI to be about 100/3.
Very surprising score to see, great comeback from England, chance for Johnny to go big.