• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
guys do you think virat makes a double ton if nice Somerset boy Jack Leach is playing i don't think so.

Heboric

International Debutant
185/5 (or 6 now the nightwatchman has gone) on this wicket against this attack is beyond expectations. We were never gonna bat this out to a draw and afaic this has not been a bad effort at all.
Really !!

England are more than likely going to lose badly and you are going to be happy with the performance. .

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Really !!

England are more than likely going to lose badly and you are going to be happy with the performance. .
Im happy (or at least not dissapointed) with the second innings batting effort. We lost this one with the bowling.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watching this Sky thing, England have got so much ODI cricket coming up, strange for us to have such a gap between Tests.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Watching this Sky thing, England have got so much ODI cricket coming up, strange for us to have such a gap between Tests.
I mean we have played like 100 this year. Probably something to do with the Champions Trophy.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I mean we have played like 100 this year. Probably something to do with the Champions Trophy.
Yeah has pushed the Tests back, we are not playing any less overall or anything.

What do India have coming up after Australia? when is their next big away tour, seems like a while.

morgieb

Yeah has pushed the Tests back, we are not playing any less overall or anything.

What do India have coming up after Australia? when is their next big away tour, seems like a while.
An away tour of Sri Lanka.

In a period of about 12 months they tour South Africa, England and Australia.

hazsa19

International Regular
We should wrap this up tomorrow, but England have competed well in this series. India are just far better at winning all the important moments due to their experience and having the qualities suited to exploit these conditions.

The two teams are evenly matched, and the results would probably be reversed in seam-friendly conditions.
We're in real danger of losing by an innings having scored 400 first up. In the 3rd and 4th Tests we've seen two of the most one sided days cricket you're ever likely to see. I didn't expect us to win, but I thought this young team might have been capable of avoiding the kind of mental implosion that's dogged English cricket overseas for as long as I can remember.

One day stuff great, but I don't think I can be accused of hyperbole if I say we've stagnated or maybe even regressed under Bayliss as a Test side.

Spark

Global Moderator
We're in real danger of losing by an innings having scored 400 first up. In the 3rd and 4th Tests we've seen two of the most one sided days cricket you're ever likely to see. I didn't expect us to win, but I thought this young team might have been capable of avoiding the kind of mental implosion that's dogged English cricket overseas for as long as I can remember.

One day stuff great, but I don't think I can be accused of hyperbole if I say we've stagnated or maybe even regressed under Bayliss as a Test side.
Yeah, look at all those touring teams which have been so competitive in India lately!

Kirkut

International Regular
There is a vibe of vitality in this side under Kohli, though we don't have a fearsome attack, they are always looking to get wickets or play positive cricket. This is a far cry from Dhoni's side who had no interest in test cricket and under whom the team looked passive and lethargic.

Last edited:

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain

You're still a hard-to-beat team more than one to fear though and I'd say your success majorly over the past year or 2 has to do with your batting depth and Broad pulling up trees when it matters. Your spin bowlers ultimately just haven't been good enough here and also in Bangladesh IMO and it beggars belief why 4 pacers were chosen for this match and used so sparingly, even if it is entirely possible that the result would not have been any different. If Root had taken that catch off Giant England might have been looking at a slender lead by now.
Hope this lasts at least a session tomorrow as I am going which means India will bat again even if they have to chase a paltry score. Buttler at least if he stays will provide some entertainment.

flibbertyjibber

Missed virtually all of the days play, picked a good day to miss I think. Only thing on the game now is can Bairstow get the hundred he has deserved all winter? Be all over just after lunch I reckon with a 9 wicket win for India.

centurymaker

International Captain
Root's average would be frightening if he could actually convert.
He seems to play far more aggressive than he needs to.. more often than not (it's happened pretty much all series), and thus there's always an element of risk in his approach and so it's bound to affect his conversion. On the flip side he always has a quick 50 60 70 next to his name.
Has to learn a bit from Kohli - how he has cut-out a lot of the unnecessary or risky play from his batting, which has helped him convert the small 110s 120s into big hundreds & 200s!

I hardly ever see Root playing out a maiden, always wanting to score, at the expense of giving his wicket away and also not focusing as much on his defensive or technical side of things. Perhaps his attack is his defense.

Bijed

International Regular
Obviously a bad day for us in many ways, but as others have said we've shown a bit of fight in our 2nd innings so I'm not angry at all. 5th test notwithstanding, whilst you certainly can't say the tour has gone well, it's not been the total humiliation I feared it might be.

Kohli - wow. I've never doubted his class as a batsman, but equally I never expected him to dominate in quite this way. He's been incredible.

centurymaker

International Captain
Conditions may yet again be relatively better for batting in the 1st session, so if England can get 100-120 and lose 1 wicket max in that first session, then they have an outside chance of getting some kind of result.
Highly unlikely but not totally impossible.