• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Given it's likely Root will have the captaincy in the next year or two, I can only hope his batting does not suffer

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Given it's likely Root will have the captaincy in the next year or two, I can only hope his batting does not suffer
it hasn't for Smith and Kohli. Probably won't for Kane. I reckon its an overrated concern for the real greats. Most greats step up with it rather than get worse.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
This really is as good as it gets. Sensational batting from Root against some ****ing ridiculously good and at times almost unplayable bowling.

And he's cleared out the close in fielders.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Still baffles me to see Patel and Gambhir having played this tour.

Who else could they dig up for a come back? Kaif? Wasim Jaffer?

mackembhoy

International Debutant
One of the most interesting things about batsmanship is when a batsman looks like he's playing on a different pitch to the other batsmen in his team. Tendulkar and Lara used to do it a lot. KP and Ab de Villiers in recent times.

Root doing it here.
He does it plenty I mean his 130 when we bowled the Aussies out for 60 was just pure elegance.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This really is as good as it gets. Sensational batting from Root against some ****ing ridiculously good and at times almost unplayable bowling.

And he's cleared out the close in fielders.
yep, best bat in world vs best bowler in world in tough conditions with team in strife. Ultimate test cricket

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
it hasn't for Smith and Kohli. Probably won't for Kane. I reckon its an overrated concern for the real greats. Most greats step up with it rather than get worse.
Agreed, but with England it seems to take them down a peg or two (Cook's overall record is fine but I don't see his horrorshow run happening if he's not skipper)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I love how unique the big 4 are. Root is just gun but his aggression is so easy. The other 3 have a clear gear and you know when they've changed but Root has easy aggression, just eases boundaries.
Root's average would be frightening if he could actually convert.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Even though the result is as good as a foregone conclusion this really is compulsive viewing........most riveting passage of play of the series for mine.

indiaholic

International Captain
We need to find somebody better at slips.. Kohli is not very good there and he is in fact wasted there.. A+ in ring fielder.