• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

the big bambino

International Captain
I’d like the rules for international qualification stricter. But if we’re sticking with the present where players can hold out after origin then get them to nominate which country they want to represent at the start of the year. It will cause a confrontation between ambition and loyalty which I prefer. Nominate other than Australia then no origin for you. It’s meant to be a qualifier for test football which I think it’ll get back to being. Arrange a parallel comp for the islands, PNG and NZ. That would be quality and well worth the contest.

Shady Slim

International Coach
I’d like the rules for international qualification stricter. But if we’re sticking with the present where players can hold out after origin then get them to nominate which country they want to represent at the start of the year. It will cause a confrontation between ambition and loyalty which I prefer. Nominate other than Australia then no origin for you. It’s meant to be a qualifier for test football which I think it’ll get back to being. Arrange a parallel comp for the islands, PNG and NZ. That would be quality and well worth the contest.
for this to work though you'd need to decentralize origin as the pinnacle of the game and make international rep footy with an island nation a viable option is the thing

tough call to play for png only or fiji only when they're getting one test a year if that when you can make an extra $200k fronting up for origin and roo selection

ashley bach

International Captain
With less than 2 months until kickoff in this years NRL, it's time for a brain wave, before the bookmakers wake up and smell the roses.
The Penrith Panthers of recent times have proven to be a class above any of their rivals, and while each year should be looked at as a separate case,
it's hard to imagine that this year will be too much different to the last few seasons.
Looking at this years roster, the only significant changes for the Panthers will be the loss of Viliame Kikau and Apisai Korasau. These two guys will be
sorely missed because they have been superb in recent times, but it's going to take more than the loss of these two players to not take out the 2023
MINOR PREMIERSHIP. Having just invested half a house on this outcome, the exact replica of last years wager, I've every reason to feel just as
confident as achieving last years result.
The back line is unparalleled in the NRL with the Samoan trio of Jarome Luai, Stephen Crichton and Brian To'o all in the form of their lives.
Dylan Edwards at fullback has come on so strongly in the past couple of seasons, that he can now be compared to modern great fullbacks such as
James Tedesco, Kalyn Ponga, Roger Tuivasa-sheck and Tom Trbojevic. His performances in the back end of last season, as well as his well deserved
Clive Churchill medal in the grand final go a long way to proving this.
Nathan Cleary will again run the show from halfback, and even when he missed matches last year with injury/suspension they were able to remain
unbeaten through that period.
While the game isn't won in the backs, they won't be lacking in leadership up front with Isaah Yeo being about the most consistent forward in the game.
Along with tough man James Fisher-Harris the Panthers as usual wont be lacking for the hard yards.
Some of the best odds available are: Ladbrokes 3.75 bet365 3.75 NSW TAB 3.50. Steer clear of the NZ TAB 3.10 (too bloody smart those kiwis)
This bet much more attractive than premiership winner as you are allowed the luxury of a few hiccups along the way.
The Penrith Panthers, at nearly quadruple your money return to win this years minor premiership is one of the soundest investments in 2023.

Kraken

International 12th Man
I think they’ll have some serious competition from the roosters as well. Will be interesting to see how they go without Api (I do think they’ll be at least grand finalists)

Hurricane2

U19 Cricketer
With less than 2 months until kickoff in this years NRL, it's time for a brain wave, before the bookmakers wake up and smell the roses.
The Penrith Panthers of recent times have proven to be a class above any of their rivals, and while each year should be looked at as a separate case,
it's hard to imagine that this year will be too much different to the last few seasons.
Looking at this years roster, the only significant changes for the Panthers will be the loss of Viliame Kikau and Apisai Korasau. These two guys will be
sorely missed because they have been superb in recent times, but it's going to take more than the loss of these two players to not take out the 2023
MINOR PREMIERSHIP. Having just invested half a house on this outcome, the exact replica of last years wager, I've every reason to feel just as
confident as achieving last years result.
The back line is unparalleled in the NRL with the Samoan trio of Jarome Luai, Stephen Crichton and Brian To'o all in the form of their lives.
Dylan Edwards at fullback has come on so strongly in the past couple of seasons, that he can now be compared to modern great fullbacks such as
James Tedesco, Kalyn Ponga, Roger Tuivasa-sheck and Tom Trbojevic. His performances in the back end of last season, as well as his well deserved
Clive Churchill medal in the grand final go a long way to proving this.
Nathan Cleary will again run the show from halfback, and even when he missed matches last year with injury/suspension they were able to remain
unbeaten through that period.
While the game isn't won in the backs, they won't be lacking in leadership up front with Isaah Yeo being about the most consistent forward in the game.
Along with tough man James Fisher-Harris the Panthers as usual wont be lacking for the hard yards.
Some of the best odds available are: Ladbrokes 3.75 bet365 3.75 NSW TAB 3.50. Steer clear of the NZ TAB 3.10 (too bloody smart those kiwis)
This bet much more attractive than premiership winner as you are allowed the luxury of a few hiccups along the way.
The Penrith Panthers, at nearly quadruple your money return to win this years minor premiership is one of the soundest investments in 2023.
Injuries or salary cap revelations could play spoiler

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I know it's a pretty lightly regarded comp down under, but it'd be remiss of me not to doff the cap to steds's beloved Saints who've become the first Super League team ever to win the World Club Challenge in Oz.

Golden point drop goal to beat the Panthers 13-12.

Last English team to win it down there was Wigan way back in 1994, which predates both Super League and (up here at least) summer league.