• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

ashley bach

International Captain
The return of Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad is a welcome addition for the Warriors, his try saving tackle to hold up Kalyn Ponga among other things went
a long way to winning the game for the Warriors.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who was their left edge second rower last night? Had a blinder.

Penrith will really miss Api at dummy half. Kenny is a good, solid player but he's not in the other bloke's league and it showed last night. They win by a dozen if Korisau is in that side.

ashley bach

International Captain
Who was their left edge second rower last night? Had a blinder.

Penrith will really miss Api at dummy half. Kenny is a good, solid player but he's not in the other bloke's league and it showed last night. They win by a dozen if Korisau is in that side.
Must be referring to either Mitchell Barnett or Jackson Ford. Both players had very good games and provided a new breath of fresh air for the Warriors.

Burgey

I think it was Ford. I've seen a bit of Barnett before but Ford was really impressive

Kraken

International 12th Man
Nah your mob too good for the spoon. Dolphins,Tigers, Bulldogs or Knights will give you some breathing space.
haha you’re being kind - we are a ****show. Tigers will be much improved, dogs will improve on how bad they were yesterday as well. Our only hope is if the fullback fulfills his talent (I hope he does, he’s a good fella and deserves a proper crack at first grade)

Shady Slim

International Coach
the dogs are making the eight easily @ashley bach

the worst sort of day we could've had yesterday, a sinbin that shouldn't have, a try from that, a try that should've been pulled back, heads drop, sorta day you have when everything goes against you and you're building combos. wouldn't surprise me if our back half of the year hits a top four points pace (we'll take a few bad beats early in the season such that we'll settle around seventh eighth)

ashley bach

International Captain

the worst sort of day we could've had yesterday, a sinbin that shouldn't have, a try from that, a try that should've been pulled back, heads drop, sorta day you have when everything goes against you and you're building combos. wouldn't surprise me if our back half of the year hits a top four points pace (we'll take a few bad beats early in the season such that we'll settle around seventh eighth)
Easy peasy huh? Shademeister the optimist:)
Just to fill you up with confidence, think that's the first time the Eagles have won a round 1 match for about a decade.

Kraken

International 12th Man

haha no they won’t (they may make the 8 but it won’t be easy). Fmd they were horrible yesterday

Shady Slim

International Coach
haha no they won’t (they may make the 8 but it won’t be easy). Fmd they were horrible yesterday
i expect with pangai, franklin pele and (eventually) thompson back we should roll teams through the middle but i also expect burto not to kick it four times out on the full on your average game

Kraken

International 12th Man
i expect with pangai, franklin pele and (eventually) thompson back we should roll teams through the middle but i also expect burto not to kick it four times out on the full on your average game
well Pele played yesterday lol but I get your point. I don’t think it’ll be that easy tbh - and also I love Burto but you need a good 7 to get anywhere in this comp. Flanagan is not that bad tbh but the bloke doesn’t get the ball, burto isn’t an organising player at this stage and it shows

Shady Slim

International Coach
well Pele played yesterday lol but I get your point. I don’t think it’ll be that easy tbh - and also I love Burto but you need a good 7 to get anywhere in this comp. Flanagan is not that bad tbh but the bloke doesn’t get the ball, burto isn’t an organising player at this stage and it shows
yep i was tired and meant to say patolo ahahaha

agree with u re burto, that he’s not an organiser yet, and you’ve got flanno right - i think that he’s chad townsend (and i don’t really rate townsend beyond being a decent organiser) and it would be nice if we had a better halfback while burto’s young

Shady Slim

International Coach
update: granted we aren't going anywhere as long as faamanu ****in brown is in the team, the guy is absolute cheeks

Burgey

Yeah Dogs are shot to bits. Going nowhere. At least you only had one weekend of hope.