• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Blew out a bit at the end when the Samoan chins went down after Milford got binned for a late shot on Tomkins, but pretty impressive stuff from England, especially going in as second favs today.

Radley a deserved MOTM. Boy's a beast.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Didn’t watch the game but was surprised that Samoa were favourites as half the team played in the GF a couple of weeks ago so training would have been nonexistent

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I love it that Radley's old man's Sheffield accent is still more or less fully intact despite living in Oz since he was 16.

Fair play to the Grecians, but 94-4 is a wee bit of a touch up.

Suppose Fiji and the Roos will inflict similar damage against Scotland and Italy respectively.

I guess blow outs were always the risk with a 16 team tournament, hoping the French can give Samoa a game tomorrow.

ashley bach

International Captain
1st half semi final NZ 14-10, unbelievable! Can't see the Kiwis maintaining this level though, hope like hell I'm wrong.
13 off loads by the Kiwis, quality game so far.

ashley bach

International Captain
Absolutely gutted, Australia win it with a penalty on the last tackle that leads to a try(bloody Australian ref) and the Kiwis denied twice.
Expected nothing but got everything, great game and proud of the effort, but sadly no cigar.

ashley bach

International Captain
Was quite a result for Samoa in the semi, really thought England were travelling well so to turnaround a nearly 60 point margin in the opening game
is a fair achievement and great for the game.
Will be interesting to see if they have enough juice left in the tank to compete in the final, obviously they're going to have to compete up front to have
any reasonable chance, but really they'll need their star 3 Penrith backs to have big games as well, particularly Jarome Luai who had a whale of a game the other day and ran the show. Hard to see an upset but probably worth a small investment at 10/1.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Was quite a result for Samoa in the semi, really thought England were travelling well so to turnaround a nearly 60 point margin in the opening game
is a fair achievement and great for the game.
Will be interesting to see if they have enough juice left in the tank to compete in the final, obviously they're going to have to compete up front to have
any reasonable chance, but really they'll need their star 3 Penrith backs to have big games as well, particularly Jarome Luai who had a whale of a game the other day and ran the show. Hard to see an upset but probably worth a small investment at 10/1.
one of the reasons the 'roos always have a huge baked in advantage other than the fact their players are generally just better is their combinations; these guys all play together at origin level and so are familiar with each other and set plays, whereas often with the pacific nations even where on paper they're not that far off the kangas, this is where they come unstuck

but given the samoa team's basically half the panthers i think this could be less of a factor and tilts the scales ever so slightly more towards an upset than they would otherwise be

Athlai

Not Terrible
Samoan fans had been celebrating last week's win all week in Auckland. Driving around, honking, waving flags.

Majority of people had no clue why. Would've been pretty funny to see how much more it would've escalated if they'd won

Shady Slim

International Coach
Samoan fans had been celebrating last week's win all week in Auckland. Driving around, honking, waving flags.

Majority of people had no clue why. Would've been pretty funny to see how much more it would've escalated if they'd won
yeah a lot of samoan flags proudly on display here in penrith during the week, i loved it

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah it was great for the game. Glad the final wasn't a total blowout.

I can't really see how they can keep their status as a 'tier-2 nation' after making the WC final, but there's no way we can force their guys to split up and choose between Samoa and Origin either. We're just going to have to run with this IMO:

1668911854474.png

That's actually entirely already the rule, but all of a sudden you're ineligible if you play for NZ or England in internationals. Makes no sense.

People will say 'oh we don't want Sam Burgess or SBW playing Origin' - yeah, but that rule change wouldn't let them do that anyway. We would've got Nathan Cayless playing for NSW - a man who was born at the same hospital as me, lived his whole life in NSW and cheered as hard as anyone for the Blues when I went to an Origin game with him. He should have ****ing been allowed.

Instead of treating Samoa like Eng/NZ, treat Eng/NZ like Samoa. It's really the only way out from here.