• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

howardj

International Coach
For the love of God please pull the plug on the Titans

Everything dies down there

#multicodegraveyard

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
to be totally honest, it feels weird for these guys to possibly have their career ended over this when some other guys will get done for drink driving and play on, or domestic violence. but #TheWarOnDrugs

dermo

International Vice-Captain
to be totally honest, it feels weird for these guys to possibly have their career ended over this when some other guys will get done for drink driving and play on, or domestic violence. but #TheWarOnDrugs
i'm no lawyer (6 weeks of law to be precise) but i cant imagine they'll get much of a punishment from the courts for what seem to be rather minor charges, which in turn should probably give the clubs grounds to only give them short suspensions

i hope thats the case anyway, would be a shame to lose some good players to the game for what in my eyes is pretty minor

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who cares anyway, half the league probably enjoys a good hit every now and then.

Aren't the best thinkers in the world these blokes.

dermo

Who cares anyway, half the league probably enjoys a good hit every now and then.

Aren't the best thinkers in the world these blokes.
if think its only league players you aren't exactly thinking to well either

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yup, every code would be ****ting itself. Great tweet from Titus O'Reilly, comparing sports teams on the Gold Coast to invading Russia in winter...

howardj

International Coach
As I understand it, the Crime and Corruption Commission only has jurisdiction here in Qld

They have said that if there are to be any more players given notices to appear in Court, it will happen this week or early next week

In view of the above two lines, the Broncos and Suns in particular will be holding their collective breath until late next week

It's a legal minefield really, as I understand that even those guys so far that have been given notices (such as Hunt) have not even been charged by police; however with the notices relating to such serious things (such as trafficking) it's hard to see how they shouldn't at least be stood down on full pay, but allowed to train so as to keep in good shape in readiness for a return if cleared

Burgey

Great news for the Blue and Gold juggernaut this morning as Kieran Foran signs a four year deal (apparently). Now we just need Hayne to flop in pursuit of his NFL career and to come back and we'll have a ridiculous back line

dermo

one would assume though that its the hayne money being used to get foran, reckon he'll end up playing rugby in europe if he flops in the nfl

foran would be huge for parra, easily in the top 10 players in the game possibly top 5 imo

Burgey

Not gonna do him any good if Takarangi is in the centres for us again next year though. I know he can be damaging but I don't especially rate him

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry to post this so late but I'm not sure I have it in me to run the tipping this year guys. Combination of a few time related factors for the most part.

Burgey

Souths comfortable enough last night in a typically error prone season opener. They're still going ot be massively hard to beat. Them or the Rooters I reckon.