• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As a wise bogan once yelled out his car window to me as I walked toward Bankwest stadium before a game, "Parra doesn't matta"

social

Steaming ratings through the roof but you can't expect club game to match SOO figures as not everyone is emotionally invested

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think a real issue for the ARL is the number of players declaring for their second tier heritage countries. A great thing overall for the WC as there'll be a stack of competitive games compared with past versions, but this is at least in part a product of them neglecting the kangaroos for ages - think they've played about 4 tests in 3 or 4 years. When you make Origin the pinnacle,. it makes sense for blokes to declare for other countries.

Son Of Coco

Penrith seemingly carrying on a bit after this GF win. I guess you can't begrudge them the opportunity to let loose after the season they've had, and they're probably at least half full of piss when saying some of the things they've said, but still. Maybe just take the win and move on.

Cleary talking like he's from the hood is a bit weird, but then I don't know his background. Or I'm just possibly old.

There's also the media angling for a controversy too.

Last edited:

mr_mister

Where's the footage of Cleary talking like he's from the hood? Sounds extremely cringe lol. I've just seen the Luai stuff. Man he's an A grade nob

mr_mister

Also, pretty dumb of Korisau to openly **** on his future employer lol. It'd be typical tigers to pay him millions while sitting him in reserve grade as punishment

Shady Slim

International Coach
I think a real issue for the ARL is the number of players declaring for their second tier heritage countries. A great thing overall for the WC as there'll be a stack of competitive games compared with past versions, but this is at least in part a product of them neglecting the kangaroos for ages - think they've played about 4 tests in 3 or 4 years. When you make Origin the pinnacle,. it makes sense for blokes to declare for other countries.
nah better for intl league as a whole if those second tier nations get stronger though, nobody wants to watch the kangaroos stomp everyone except new zealand by sixty points and new zealand by twenty points

imho anything to stop origin being the pinnacle and embiggen the international game is a good thing

Shady Slim

International Coach
Samoa and Tonga both look really star studded. I reckon one will sneak through to the final
really wish that tamoulolo would've been able to play the majority of the thing which sucks for the tongan boys

i think and hope one of em could do it too, preferably at the expense of the kangaroos

Son Of Coco

Where's the footage of Cleary talking like he's from the hood? Sounds extremely cringe lol. I've just seen the Luai stuff. Man he's an A grade nob
It's not really full sentences, and there's no video. More just an Instagram post/comment or two where he refers to people as 'dawg' or 'brudda'.

This may be how the young folk talk these days and more of a reflection of my having grown up in an era where someone saying "what's up?" would be met with a retort of "You're not ****ing American. Stop being a tryhard.".

Totally fair enough by the way, and something that should be pointed out to Clearly and that bloke who does the hip-hop show on Triple J. Assuming, of course, that he actually isn't American.

mr_mister

I've been called out for using the word "dude" before, with a similar criticism lol. Guess I should stick to mate and cobba

But yeah, brudda is just woeful coming from Cleary

Son Of Coco

I've been called out for using the word "dude" before, with a similar criticism lol. Guess I should stick to mate and cobba

But yeah, brudda is just woeful coming from Cleary
'Cobberdiggerbrowneye' is my go to. Or 'chaps' if I'm with some dignified inner-city gentry. I'm a social chameleon.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Samoa and Tonga both look really star studded. I reckon one will sneak through to the final
Yeah, Samoa have like eight squad members who played in the NRL GF.

Actually starting as favourites against us, according to Oddschecker.

Good for them and all, but I feel a bit bad for teams like PNG and France where league is actually a thing, but who don't benefit half as much from heritage players.

social

Social Jr & his mates call each other bro etc but the wannabe gangsta stuff is just bad & always has been

There’s a movie where some rich white kid from Malibu talks that way & is basically a piss take so says a lot that Cleary etc don’t know how ridiculous it is