• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GOLDEN PAIRS:Choose your favourite pairs to battle with each other

kingkallis

International Coach
Warne and Waqar bowling to Bradman and Sobers

Lillee and Marshall bowling to Sachin and Ponting

Holding and Hadlee bowling to Dravid and Kallis

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I'll do an Aussie vs. WIndies one.

Warne and Lillee vs. Sobers and Richards

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
thanks The Sean.
McCabe played some jaw droppping gems vs in his time.
Hammond could bat a bit couldn't he. He is my fave England batsmen(hard to believe hey).
Would be a dream match up.
Not hard to believe at all mate, I don't think there's a single England batsman from history that I would rather watch in full flow myself. And I'd be willing the Windies quicks to bowl short at McCabe just to watch him hook.

bagapath

International Captain
I am sure there can be new additions to this thread after a six year gap

Steyn and Johnson bowling to AB de Villiers and Viru Sehwag

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Amng the ones I have seen:

Alan Donald + Curtly Ambrose
Sachin Tendulkar + Arvinda DeSilva

Among all time:

Sydney Barnes + Richard Hadlee
Greame Pollock + Gary Sobers

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seriously though, I'd pay top dollar to watch Ambrose/Steyn to bowl to Sehwag/Gavaskar. If the pitch has movement, Sehwag will be mincemeat, but if it's a good track for batting, oh boy, it'd be fun to watch him attempt to smash Ambrose around (and probably succeeding). Would love to see Steyn at the other end with his booming outswinger battle it out with one of the great leavers in the game.