• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chelsea or Manyoo- who do you hate more?

Who do you hate more- Chelsea or United?

• Total voters

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think such a thread is appropriate, nor necessary on this forum.

I voted for Manure.

biased indian

International Coach
Manu any day against any team in the world ...just watch the last game against spurs ..the ref's always give it to them

Among English team like Liverpool a lot ..but its barca all the way as far as the fav team is considered

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd be very surprised if United didn't comfortably take this poll, then again it's an international forum, so we'll see.

Why do I hate United? well that's easy. I took an interest in football when a mate invited me to a Tranmere game as a youngster. My Dad, a lifelong red, realised he had missed the boat WRT getting me to follow them across the river, so set about indoctrinating me of the evils of Manchester United. It was 1991. I did as I was told and hated them, it's instilled in me, and obviously it's been helped by the fact that they have ****ing won everything since I started watching footy; I think they have only had about 3 trophyless years in that whole time.

Plus Alex Ferguson is a moaning Scottish ****
Plus over the years they have had the rub of the green with referees
Plus they always used to score in the 97th minute
Eric Cantona, Roy Keane
Gary Neville
Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney
They actually once printed "THEATRE OF DREAMS" on their home strip
They blamed their kit when losing to Southampton
Peter Schmeichel
Everyone in ****hole areas without a footy team support them, worse than that, people in areas with footy teams in the FLC/L1/L2 support United instead
Alex Ferguson got knighted off one European Cup, Paisley and Clough were never honoured in that way
I could go on :laugh:
This

Pothas

Always hated Man U when i was younger but have warmed to them somewhat in recent years. Don't really care one way or the other about Chelsea, have been to Stamford Bridge a fair few times but never warmed to it but never hated them either.
Liverpool without question my least favourite side in England.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Chelski, as I'm a United supporter.

Love the United hate tbh. Having followed them since the mid-70s and having grown up through the 80s, I love those who say "People only support them coz they're the best side for the past X years", as they put on their Liverpool shirts (which they first started wearing in the 80s, of course), before heading to the bathroom to clean their last three teeth.

Craig

World Traveller
I loved Mourinho when he was at Chelsea, always good for a laugh (a few weeks back he compared himself to Robin Hood and Jesus). It certainly takes balls to come out and say some of the stuff that he has, and he is basically like that with the Italian media.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, fair one, though I reckon for every Chelsea player that is a **** I could name you three United ones - this is obviously because United have been at the top for much longer, but that's also why I think United should take this poll. Chelsea are just a ship passing in the night IMO and as such I won't invest any long-term hatred in them.
This is exactly the reason I'll be disappointed for United not to take this poll at a canter. And I say this as a United fan.

When Chelsea start becoming more hated than us it will mean people care about them and that they actually mean something.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Manu any day against any team in the world ...just watch the last game against spurs ..the ref's always give it to them

Among English team like Liverpool a lot ..but its barca all the way as far as the fav team is considered
Stay tuned for Biased Indian’s views on politics, as he follows up a searing critique of Mussolini and his facist beliefs with a glowing tribute to Hitler.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
This is exactly the reason I'll be disappointed for United not to take this poll at a canter. And I say this as a United fan.

When Chelsea start becoming more hated than us it will mean people care about them and that they actually mean something.
TBF, I'm old enough to remember a fair portion of the 26 years ManUre went without winning the title (halcyon days, etc, etc) and people still hated them then.

Some clubs (T*ttenham another) seem to be hated regardless of their success.

grecian

I've always hated them, and there were still many more glory-hunting fans in my school that went for United over the scousers, total myth that. They always had the Cup runs, how many Cup finals would th[ey have played in during those barren days. In fact older fans whining about their lack of success back then is one of my massive bug-bears with them. Try supporting Exeter City through those years you gits8-)

It's hard to remember nowadays, but the FA Cup had massive kudos through those times. In fact the only live domestic club game most people used to watch. Also having players like Bryan Robson, Norman Whiteside and Gordon Strachan, what an hardship.

Also if Halz thinks that the 'pool get their chances talked up by an adoring press nowadays, he should of lived in those times, every time United won more then two games in a row, it would be "this is their year, and "wouldn't it be great if the glamour club could win the league again".

No it ****ing wouldn't and it still isn't......

cpr

International Coach
Chelski, as I'm a United supporter.

Love the United hate tbh. Having followed them since the mid-70s and having grown up through the 80s, I love those who say "People only support them coz they're the best side for the past X years", as they put on their Liverpool shirts (which they first started wearing in the 80s, of course), before heading to the bathroom to clean their last three teeth.

Haha, love doing that to my Liverpool supporting brother in law, who's from Morecambe and who's dad is a city fan, always have to ask when and why he started supporting the scouse.

Chelsea. Because although we've bought success, most of it was through money we made ourselves (or the Edwards family had avoided paying in tax, either way it was money made in the UK). Also because of the way Kenyon ****ed the Ronaldinho transfer only to **** off 3 weeks later. Deliberately sabotaged the deal to hamper us.

Also because John Terry is a ****

That and the fact i grew up within sight of Old Trafford (on matchdays, when the airships over the ground :ph34r: )