• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ban announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Most posters I've spoken to want him gone, I always speak in hyperbole, if you've ever read my posts you should know this, you responded to my post suggesting mods were the only ones who wanted to keep Sir Alex with the sackful of **** line. It's not ill-informed, people have told me, both on and off here, that they believe the forum would be better without him.

The aussie rule should definitely be applied.
No, you suggested that the mods must be the only people on the site who don't think Sir Alex affects forum atmosphere.

That was what my sackful of **** comment was aimed at.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No, you suggested that the mods must be the only people on the site who don't think Sir Alex affects forum atmosphere.

That was what my sackful of **** comment was aimed at.
That's basically what I just said :wacko:

As I said, I speak in hyperbole. There may be some people who want him kept.

Hell of a lot want him banned too.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
You mean the ones that were posted in retaliation after a series of threads were needlessly closed?
I was witness to those threads and even posted in one of them ,asking if it was a organised protest.

They were all closed together tbh and all were started together with rhyming words in the site discussion forums.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I must say, I find the argument that Sir Alex should be banned on forum atmosphere grounds a lot more compelling than "he's a troll" or "he's Precambrian" even though I personally don't really mind his posts. That rule is why aussie is currently banned; do people really believe Sir Alex detracts from the atmosphere of the forum as much as aussie did at the end?
I'd suggest that if aussie is the standard a poster has to reach before they qualify for a ban then the rule isn't being interpreted widely enough. It is James's site though; he's a much nicer guy than I'll ever be and hence sees these things differently. I suspect that moral justification and fairness will typically matter more to him than they do to me in any other walk of life, and this is probably no different.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was witness to those threads and even posted in one of them ,asking if it was a organised protest.

They were all closed together tbh and all were started together with rhyming words in the site discussion forums.
Well, that's decided me, they should be shot at dawn:@

Anyway off to bed now, people try to not post too much gold in this thread whilst I'm asleep please:)

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Well, that's decided me, they should be shot at dawn:@

Anyway off to bed now, people try to not post too much gold in this thread whilst I'm asleep please:)
:ph34r:

To be fair for the umpteenth time, they knew what was coming and still kept doing it.

Agent TBY

International Captain

I wasn't talking about the threads made a couple of days ago. This whole thing's been in the works ever since the Millstones thread was closed.

There were pointless threads made a couple of weeks ago too, which got PhoenixFire banned.

Pointless and juvenile, yes.
And... your point is what exactly?

Agent TBY

International Captain
I think it's obvious what my point is - as it is obvious why these "hilarious" threads were closed.
Yes, because the hilarious threads I'm talking about and the "hilarious threads" you're talking about are obviously the same.

Maybe, just maybe, you'd want to make sure you aren't clueless next time you try to enter a discussion with your one-liners.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I wasn't talking about the threads made a couple of days ago. This whole thing's been in the works ever since the Millstones thread was closed.

There were pointless threads made a couple of weeks ago too, which got PhoenixFire banned.

And... your point is what exactly?
This whole thing was started with the Bannings of GIMH, Matteh and Sir Alex in the world cup forum and accusations at SS and GF of being trolls there

The Millstones thread in the site discussion forums was pointless as it comes,and was followed by other threads which were pretty pointless and that too in the site discussion forums.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Maybe, just maybe, you'd want to make sure you aren't clueless next time you try to enter a discussion with your one-liners.
Cevno's sort of covered it, but which are these "hilarious" threads that have been closed that you talk of then?

And while you're at it, tell me what relevance they had to site discussion?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator

I can't even reply to that so I have NFI what's going on or if it's some kind of wind-up, thought I'd post it up anyhow
Hmm, I see later on that others have received it. Not sure that it is him, because it's not the name associated with his email address that I've had in correspondence with him.

And yes, I really don't think that it could've been made clearer to him exactly what he has done wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.