• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Appreciation Society for the Indian bowling attack apart from Zaheer

Flem274*

123/5
Hey I think everyone is forgetting the purpose of this thread.

That Zaheer is a chump.
I didn't think anyone would usurp a Central Districts bowler as the one I most want to tear Wellington a new one, but Zaheer comes close. A shame India are unlikely to make another visit before he retires.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Actually pretty sure this was meant to be a Sreesanth appreciation thread from Teja :p.

Blaze 18

Banned
tbf that was batsman winning the game.Sure they picked 20 wickets but they conceded 425+ in the first innings and then chased down 250 on a 5th day track.Not many batting line ups barring India will do that to SL in SL.If Pakistan ends up conceding 400 in the first innings I am always certain that a heavy defeat is coming up.
Ofcourse bowlers played the part but it was very much a support role to the batsman who were the main driving force.
I don't disagree with what you're saying - the batsmen definitely played a very significant role - but India had no right to be in that game. It was the bowlers who kept India in the game by limiting Sri Lanka to a gettable albeit difficult total. If Sri Lanka had scored 350 - and they really should have got that against Mithun, Ishant, Mishra and Ojha- even the Indian batsmen wouldn't have been able to do much. I think Sri Lanka were 100/7 or some such crazy score at one point before a brilliant partnership from Mendis and Samaraweera took them just past 250.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't disagree with what you're saying - the batsmen definitely played a very significant role - but India had no right to be in that game. It was the bowlers who kept India in the game by limiting Sri Lanka to a gettable albeit difficult total. If Sri Lanka had scored 350 - and they really should have got that against Mithun, Ishant, Mishra and Ojha- even the Indian batsmen wouldn't have been able to do much. I think Sri Lanka were 100/7 or some such crazy score at one point before a brilliant partnership from Mendis and Samaraweera took them just past 250.
Yeah, they were around 120/8. I thought the game was up when they got to 250+ from there and India lost 3 quick wickets for around 50, including Sehwag for a duck.

Xuhaib

International Coach
heh...no where I am arguing the bowlers never did a job ofcourse when you win a test match you will always have both bowlers and batsman playing their part, however one department will always be a bigger contributor.SL will never loose many home tests atleast in recent times where they have scored 700 runs in the game hence its a bigger credit to the batsman then the bowlers for the win.

Himannv

International Coach
Ofcourse bowlers played the part but it was very much a support role to the batsman who were the main driving force.
I honestly think the pitch was the chief destroyer there. On the 4th day morning it was almost turning square and the likes of Ojha were almost unplayable. After a while with good defensive work from Samaraweera, the pitch eased up and Mendis started thumping it to all parts (was fun to watch that tbh). It was a case of too little too late though as India batted well on the last day thanks to Tendulkar and Laxman to pull off a win.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Mithun is rubbish and yes, decidedly medium pace.
Might not be as talented as other bowlers we have but gives a 110% when he bowls. Munaf Patel would be a regular test bowler for us if he had his attitude.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Might not be as talented as other bowlers we have but gives a 110% when he bowls. Munaf Patel would be a regular test bowler for us if he had his attitude.
I recall Kirsten recently saying in an interview that Munaf has a good attitude. He worked hard last year and the rewards have paid off with good performances this year.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Nah, always has a cbf'd look on his face when he plays. Everyone will say thats endearing if he becomes a legend a decade from now but its so ****ing irritating atm.:p

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, always has a cbf'd look on his face when he plays. Everyone will say thats endearing if he becomes a legend a decade from now but its so ****ing irritating atm.:p
Cannot judge a man from the look on his face. He's put work into variations and line and length, etc. He has served us really well in the past year. We should be grateful for that. Definitely seems to be in need of a rest though. Looked a bit fatigued in last ODI.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Munaf's natural fitness is really poor.

He is not a athlete and hence the attitude.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He needs to put in more effort in his fielding and fitness in general. If his back is fine and he was fit then he would definitely bowl a lot faster than what he does currently.