• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Appreciation Society for the Indian bowling attack apart from Zaheer

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
He needs to put in more effort in his fielding and fitness in general. If his back is fine and he was fit then he would definitely bowl a lot faster than what he does currently.
Disagree. The pitches are slow, he is slightly fatigued, there is no reason to try to bowl quick. Give him a rest and he'll be back around 135kph in the Test series, if he plays. In ODIs, he has always been most concerned with accuracy and variations. Tbf to him, it has worked! Throughout his Test career, he usually does bowl the odd quick spell and spend most of his time at quick-medium - his ODI career speeds blur this reality for people - at least, that's how I see it.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Disagree. The pitches are slow, he is slightly fatigued, there is no reason to try to bowl quick. Give him a rest and he'll be back around 135kph in the Test series, if he plays. In ODIs, he has always been most concerned with accuracy and variations. Tbf to him, it has worked! Throughout his Test career, he usually does bowl the odd quick spell and spend most of his time at quick-medium - his ODI career speeds blur this reality for people - at least, that's how I see it.
He needs to be fitter. And regardless, I wasn't just talking about this series, he definitely seems like he can bowl a lot quicker than he does usually in general. I understand and agree with your point that that may not be his goal in ODIs and that he wants to concentrate more on line and length.

Daemon

He did play a good deal of the whole IPL and then has jetted straight off to this series. Not many will be able to handle that fantastically.
I'm not really sure about this but I have doubts over whether bowling 4 overs every couple of days and fielding 16 overs is that physically demanding.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not really sure about this but I have doubts over whether bowling 4 overs every couple of days and fielding 16 overs is that physically demanding.
I have no doubt that it will! Sometimes, the body requires time doing nothing!

Daemon

Same schedule seems to have knackered a number of others though.
Yeah but he's been at home in India and hasn't got injured at all. But yeah I guess he needed a break after the WC which he clearly didn't get.

My complaints with his his fitness still stand. Watching him chase a ball to the boundary is like watching Shri's CWPL team trying to win a game :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
To be honest, my comment there was more a tongue in cheek observation on the number of players missing from the WI tour.

vcs

To be honest, my comment there was more a tongue in cheek observation on the number of players missing from the WI tour.
Their case is slightly different to Munaf's, with most of them having played a whole lot of Test cricket in the past 12 months as well.

vcs

They've done very well in this series, even considering the weak WI batting lineup and helpful pitches. Need to keep it up for one more match. The third bowler remains a problem and Harbhajan needs to step it up. Wonder who will come in for Mithun in the next game as Mishra was also unimpressive in the first match.

Daemon

Praveen was unlucky to not get more wickets imo. Figures were 2-100 this game, which bring his overall test average up to a more believable level :p