• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - New Zealand v South Africa (24th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
please, just not another one sided match. Yeah it might be easier on the nerves of some of our more toey members but this tournament desperately needs an intense knock out

Snippie27

Cricket Spectator
I'll obviously be supporting #proteafire but I do agree with the general consensus in the thread that I'll want the winner of this match to go on and win the entire thing. If we can't do it, I would be pretty happy if it will be my second favourite team (since a very young age) to finally get the cup!

naish

Cricket Spectator
NZ played all the matches in NZ. Final is in Aus. I support SA here so whoever win from AUS/IND, will have some good fight.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Quoting from a Martin Crowe article (to provide a common parlance usage, not that Crowe is an authority on usage of words)

If favourites purely meant what you think it means, terms like 'having someone down' as a favourite would be redundant.

Your move.
Yeah, I think that absolutely is redundant. It's the same thing as "favourites IMO", which is what I challenged you on in the first place.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
NZ has no chance. I remember SA destroying NZ last year. NZ have improved a lot no doubt but the team will go back a few steps due to not having any quality spinners bar Vettori and NZ batsman hopeless in slow, low pitches. Vettori I doubt will play every game post world cup. I think this SA game is the final straw for NZ.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dhoni to sign a letter asking Indians to go to work and make sure things don't go off the rails in Australia and India.

Shri

Mr. Glass
look shut up you ****s before you start making me believe in jinxes.

it's testament to how crazy ABCD is that hashim ****ing amla is being treated as an afterthought, and faf du plessis as a meme. our boys have to get those ****s out tomorrow or we lose.
Faf has done **** all in ODIs recently. Calm your ****. He isn't going to destroy you on his best day. He is going to hold one up and let someone else destroy you. Or be the guywith his dick in his hand while everyone gets out around him.

GGG

State Captain
It would be very hollow but since it is SA it would be amusing if it was rained out.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I'll obviously be supporting #proteafire but I do agree with the general consensus in the thread that I'll want the winner of this match to go on and win the entire thing. If we can't do it, I would be pretty happy if it will be my second favourite team (since a very young age) to finally get the cup!
I don't know why I can't be like this. Who gives a **** once your team has lost? I would rather the final be rained out or cancelled if my side is knocked out.:p