• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - New Zealand v South Africa (24th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
can someone explain to me why milne is a big loss. i dont get it.
You have to have watched the matches, but largely it's about bowling roles within the team. Milne's role has been to bowl through the middle overs and keep up the pressure, as well be somewhat un-hittable at the death for the batting hacks that every ODI team possesses in about the 6-9 region. Neither McCleneghan, Mills, nor Henry are particularly well suited to that role. They are all hittable, and are not particularly good middle overs bowlers.

Flem274*

123/5
we'll miss milne if a slogrounder like jadeja or whichever #7 SA try this week gets going. milne's strength is removing annoying ****s.

Flem274*

123/5
i hope henry isn't instructed to "bowl like milne" like he may have been in the later ford trophy rounds if kippax' viewings are correct. let him be mini-southee and do his thing.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Except that Matt Henry has been universally loved and most fans were upset at his non inclusion in the initial world cup.

I remember before 2011 AB fans hated Donald literally for one bad match. I mean he was never any Dan Carter or anything but he was never bad either.

Henry has always been pretty gun.

Flem274*

123/5
look shut up you ****s before you start making me believe in jinxes.

it's testament to how crazy ABCD is that hashim ****ing amla is being treated as an afterthought, and faf du plessis as a meme. our boys have to get those ****s out tomorrow or we lose.

jcas0167

International Debutant
I guess there's a chance they're giving the impression Henry will play, but actually Mills is going to come out for a last hurrah on his home ground. (ok, I don't think this is likely, it would be nice for Mills though).

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
[video]http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11421774[/video]

That glint in McCullum's eye.

Man, the leadership thing is overstated quite often, but you'd leap out of the trenches behind that guy.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
**** this thread is going to explode later

Tuck your dick into your waistband kiwi fans. It's just a World Cup. We've won plenty of them. It's no big deal anymore
Says arguably the most emotional and panic-ridden of all Australian posters when things ever look dicey for them.

Righto Gotspin, we'll tuck, just for you.

biased indian

International Coach
was just talking to a friend who was more into football than cricket

he was relating this game as Holland (SA) VS Mexico(NZ) while the other game as Brazil (AUS) VS Argentina (IND) the jersey color does match in the second one :)

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Says arguably the most emotional and panic-ridden of all Australian posters when things ever look dicey for them.

Righto Gotspin, we'll tuck, just for you.
:laugh: I have no idea what you are talking about. Go through and find some posts where I am apparently the most emotional and panic ridden Australian post. Thats complete crap unless they are 7 years old or something

It's not a good time to get overly sensitive about a little joke. As much As I would like to see how devastated you would be if things went badly tomorrow, I'll be supporting NZ. Just like I did in the quarters.

viriya

International Captain
Would've loved this game to be the final, but since it's not, the next best thing that can happen is:

SA not to choke and come from behind..
NZ to scrape through.

On the other side, Aus to destroy Ind, then get reminded of 96 again by getting denied in the end, with everyone calling it a massive choke even though they are massively outplayed in all departments.

viriya

International Captain
More realistically, I think SA has a much better chance of beating Aus in MCG than NZ though, especially since NZ have been getting used to doing well in NZ and the MCG move is too much to get adjusted to for one big game and the bowlers (esp Southee and co) will find it tough to restrict Aus.