• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Yorkshire CCC racism crisis thread

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I've only fully caught up on everything relating to this today as I was at a wedding yesterday. It is quite staggering what has gone on given we are talking current era (or recent, at least).

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's just extremely depressing that professional sport still has deep problems with racism. Yorkshire's treatment of Rafiq and their whole behaviour throughout this saga is nothing short of disgraceful. I'm glad that the ECB are hitting them where it hurts.

Hopefully Vaughan gets sacked from all his media gigs, but somehow I can see the worm weaseling his way out of it.....

Flem274*

123/5
michael vaughan is basically a facebook karen who just so happened to win the ashes.

dude would rather be getting bombed by the luftwaffe than spend a few more weeks locked up in his cushy house during lockdown. a giant **** of a man.

View attachment 29782
any time someone posts a meme attaching itself to the soldiers thrust into ww2 i immediately assume they're terrible.

Uppercut

I'm not saying he definitely said it (I don't want to get sued), but it would be very out of character for Vaughan if he didn't say it.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
any time someone posts a meme attaching itself to the soldiers thrust into ww2 i immediately assume they're terrible.
Honestly mate, I've said it before, but it really is a thing, people my age banging on about World War 2 like they were fighting it themselves. I always say you're older than you ****ing look aren't you?

The weird thing is that for us that are old enough to remember people that genuinely saw horrible things in the War, most of them didn't want to talk about it, these weirdos that want to co-opt these people to them, really have no idea. Most voted to join the eU because they couldn't countenance another war like they were traumatised in, but ho-hum, Off topic.

On-Topic Vaughan is racist scum.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
One of the last comments my dear Dad made (he was in the RAF and spent 2 years in a Stalag after being shot down) was, "I didn't fight in a war to have my grandchildren's thoughts and words censored."

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One of the last comments my dear Dad made (he was in the RAF and spent 2 years in a Stalag after being shot down) was, "I didn't fight in a war to have my grandchildren's thoughts and words censored."
and they aren't being censored, they are being called out for offensive things they said, and suffering the consequences
or hopefully so, I have my doubts they will really. Yet Azeem Rafiq was a promising Off-spinner who seems to have had his development hindered by a bullying and racist culture, so let's not try to make Ballance or Vaughn the victim here.

flibbertyjibber

Depressing. Throw the book at all of them. Sack any current players involved and somehow start again. The fact they were trying to sweep it under the carpet makes it all worse. Feel so sorry for Rafiq and the others who got abused because they happen to be Asian.

As for the international ban, extend it for a long time. The club don't deserve cricket of that level.

Aritro

International Regular
^as an addendum to the above, I saw on another forum he once said Moeen Ali should do more in the community to stop terrorism? True or not, something about that is just so utterly Vaughan