• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Think his career really proves that a bowler can just be unlucky/lucky for quite long stretches of test matches. A lot of people suggested he’s just the type of bowler who doesn’t get as many wickets as his bowling deserves, which seems pretty funny given the last six months where he’s basically been the opposite.
Ben Stokes has been so unlucky in his career. Didn't even deserved to get dropped and we persisted with that joker Jordan who got wickets with absolute filth against India.

Although I was trying to tell anyone listen he was a batsman who could bowl back then yet we put him down at 8 and expected the bloody earth from him.

Funny how all the pundits changed their tune after New Zealand. Botham was the only person who stuck up for him in the media.

Last edited:

Bijed

International Regular
Barring a stunning performance next ininngs, that must be it for Ballance now? The 40-3 was hardly a surprise (our version of New Zealand's 123-5?) but Moeen really deserved a bit more time to put his feet up in the pavilion after how well he bowled.

Also, what's the record for most test innings before scoring a run? Kamrul looks like he could threaten it.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would say Ballance is going to be very lucky to retain his place for the first test in India, the trouble is the other options are an opener or Buttler.

On a serious note how much longer will Bairstow keep the gloves given the fact he is one of the most reliable bats and could move to 4 or 5 and we could play Buttler or somebody else with the gloves at 7 or 8?

cnerd123

likes this
what's the point of Kamrul

Can't bat, average fielder, and probably isnt going to bowl many overs. And even if he does bowl I doubt he'd be more effective than Nasir or Moses.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
He needs a ban doesn't he?
We really should make ****** posting an infractable offence

I mean, for sure I'd cop a few infractions, but it would be worth it to see some ****s get banned from the forum completely

And before you infract me mods; I'm talking about sledger

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Would say Ballance is going to be very lucky to retain his place for the first test in India, the trouble is the other options are an opener or Buttler.

On a serious note how much longer will Bairstow keep the gloves given the fact he is one of the most reliable bats and could move to 4 or 5 and we could play Buttler or somebody else with the gloves at 7 or 8?
Bairstow has equalled Priors record for most catches in a year and is doing spot on with the bat absolutely no need to do anything to him. Taking the gloves off him would be a slap in the face as Buttler is inferior stood up and not a very good red ball batsman.

Move Root back to 4 stick duckett at 3 and Hameed to open. The latter seems a lot more of a gritty player and then Bayliss can keep his dasher in the top 3. Root is our best player and we shouldn't have to move him into a position just because he has that label. Play him where he is more likely to be effective.

Howe_zat

Audio File
FACT ALERT

In the 15 matches where Moeen Ali batted at 8 or lower he averages 29 with the bat and 47 with the ball. 0 hundreds and 0 five-fors.

In the 16 matches where Moeen Ali batted at 5-7 he averages 46 with the bat and 36 with the ball. 3 hundreds and 2 five-fors.

END OF FACT

Bijed

International Regular
FACT ALERT

In the 15 matches where Moeen Ali batted at 8 or lower he averages 29 with the bat and 47 with the ball. 0 hundreds and 0 five-fors.

In the 16 matches where Moeen Ali batted at 5-7 he averages 46 with the bat and 36 with the ball. 3 hundreds and 2 five-fors.

END OF FACT
Not that it really changes what you're saying, but he's in his 32nd match right now, you've listed 31 above and he opened for 3 games in the UAE, which you may have mistakenly included in some of those stats and made it look worse?

I apologise for my nitpicking