• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Bangladesh have one of the most settled top 6 bats in the world today so while they collapsed yesterday, it is far less expected than previous Bangladesh batting units.

They clearly need some fast bowlers, but the batting top 6 and the spin makes them 'not horrible' at home.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It was an Australia-level piece of batting ineptitude though. I feel sorry for their supporters tbh. It's always the hope what gets you.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
uh fellas, this is the same bangladesh that currently have england on the ropes. they'll do well to reach parity in the first innings.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Bangladesh have one of the most settled top 6 bats in the world today so while they collapsed yesterday, it is far less expected than previous Bangladesh batting units.

They clearly need some fast bowlers, but the batting top 6 and the spin makes them 'not horrible' at home.
Disagree with that a little, I think the top three are quality and Marmadoola, Rahim and Shakib can all bat but they're still lacking a genuine number four.

Bijed

International Regular
There's some overlap where he batted 7 in one innings, 8 in the other and I counted a match for both.
Ah, fair enough. Big enough sample size to say there's probably actually a link. At first I thought that maybe it's just because he's somewhat a confidence bowler and his lower output when batting down the order was denting his confidence, but during last year's ashes he played some good, sometimes vital, knocks down the order and still bowled a lot of filth for the most part. It's not like his bowling average when batting up the order is brilliant anyway, so maybe it is just a coincidence. Tbh, not sure if you were implying that there was a link anyway.

[QOUTE=smalishah84:3we call that "getting kerriganed"[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was reminiscent of that. Hope it doesn't mess him up as seems to have happened with Kerrigan.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/oct/28/moeen-ali-fail-spin-words-five-bangladesh-wickets

Vic is right as usual but it is just one of those things that makes me like Moeen more.
Yeah, he just seems such a genuinely honest and straightforward guy that even when he bowls rubbish and chucks his wicket away, I'm never really annoyed with him, just disappointed.

Moeen happened.

Stokes n woakes taking 5fer.

What the **** happened Rash and Ansari?

0 wickets and conceding 80 runs at 5 an over in a score of 220?
Ansari was disappointing, but sadly that's pretty much what you're going to get from Rashid

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah I honestly can't see Rashid getting any better, might be a case for playing 4 seamers in India, hope Ansari can do something second innings though.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
England have had 8 contributors this year, and those 8 haven't been in the team all that much with various injuries. The main 4 seamers have all taken their wickets at 25 or less and there are 5 guys averaging over 40 with the bat for the year (4 over 50). The performances of everyone else has just been so abject.

Bijed

International Regular
Yeah, I've actually been pleasantly surprised that more people seem to be standing up when everyone else is failing, when last we basically seemed to lose if either Root or Cook had a bad game.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I honestly can't see Rashid getting any better, might be a case for playing 4 seamers in India, hope Ansari can do something second innings though.
In these conditions (and you'd assume we'll be expecting the same in India) If we haven't got the spin stock's (which we don't), then we need to play to our strengths and utilise what else the conditions will offer........reverse swing.

I agree, the 3 spinners is not and will not work for us. I think Moeen will get us wickets, but he's also going to go for runs, so our second spinner needs to keep it tight and bowl dry......so that's probably Batty? With Mo and Stokes in the side we can play the two spinners and 4 seamers. So who's our 4 best quicks that can utilise reverse?? Broad and Stokes obvs......

Trouble with this approach is that we also need to do something in the first 30-50 overs........can't just be holding in those overs waiting for reverse to kick in. We're gonna miss Jimmy big time.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
i'have off day today and deciding between going to stadium or not. when bd collapsed in 1st odi, I got frustrated so much that had to go to the stadium and support the team. I will continue to support the team but if they disappoint so much I am starting to thinking to avoid getting myself into hassle going to the stadium from now on. The most frustrating team in the history of universe

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Rashid is not bad IMO, he just needs some more exposure to test cricket. He can be a decent bowling all rounder if he gets a bit tidy with the ball. Bowlers with variety usually end up trying too many things, he will learn with time.

Last edited: