• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - New Zealand v South Africa (24th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
The TAB is indicating that it's probably McClenaghan.

Odds for NZ's leading wicket taker tomorrow:
Boult 3
Southee 3.75
Vettori 4.50
McClenaghan 5.50
Mills 6
Henry 6
Anderson 7
NcCullum 7
Others 20+

Whether it's worth reading anything into that or not is another story.
I doubt that's based on anything more than the fact that McClasndfiadsnf was first cap off the rank last time.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One big advantage if Mills plays is that I'm at the ground tomorrow and if he takes any wickets, people might get to see/hear my Paul Robeson impersonation.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The TAB is indicating that it's probably McClenaghan.

Odds for NZ's leading wicket taker tomorrow:
Boult 3
Southee 3.75
Vettori 4.50
McClenaghan 5.50
Mills 6
Henry 6
Anderson 7
NcCullum 7
Others 20+

Whether it's worth reading anything into that or not is another story.
If you bet on someone who doesn't play then you get your bet refunded, so that's either simply indicating that they think McClenaghan is more likely to take lots of wickets if he plays, or more likely to attract a lot of bets, or possible already has attracted more bets.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
AB's super confident...
"It would be silly to focus too much on the cricket they've played. They've played really well but if we play to our full potential, no one is going to stop us."

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
AB's super confident...
"It would be silly to focus too much on the cricket they've played. They've played really well but if we play to our full potential, no one is going to stop us."
This is clearly a false confidence that is projected as a shield to cover up massive insecurities about choking. This quote has convinced me that the BCs are going to win tomorrow.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
AB's super confident...
He's only one short step away from expressing astonishment that the ball swung in New Zealand.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I have thought about it most of the day and have been following everyone's posts.
Mills will be average if he plays and neither win it or lose it for nz.
Henry or Mitch will either be awesome or a liability.
Given this is the third seamer spot we are picking I would go for mr reliable and pick mills. I would just count on southee and boult to take wickets.
Would open with Kyle and Trent and Tim first change.
Tim and Corey to bowl when the slog is on.

Antihippy

International Debutant
AB's super confident...
What do you expect him to say? "They're good so we're not sure if we can beat them."?

As captain you should be confident about your team winning. If not what's the point?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
What do you expect him to say? "They're good so we're not sure if we can beat them."?

As captain you should be confident about your team winning. If not what's the point?
In the nhl playoffs the war of words is very important, well not very important but sometimes it is important. If the head coach belittles his opponent then the other head coach pins the article to the wall in the dressing room.
I don't think devilliers has over done it here but he is getting close.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member

Yeah nothing wrong with what he said, I just think he's wrong.

They don't have the best team in this world cup.

anil1405

International Captain
South Africa should focus on not losing too many wickets until the 35th over. If they are in a decent position at the start of PP then they can cash in to get a good score. NZ death bowling can be liability.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I have thought about it most of the day and have been following everyone's posts.
Mills will be average if he plays and neither win it or lose it for nz.
Henry or Mitch will either be awesome or a liability.
Given this is the third seamer spot we are picking I would go for mr reliable and pick mills. I would just count on southee and boult to take wickets.
Would open with Kyle and Trent and Tim first change.
Tim and Corey to bowl when the slog is on.
The biggest problem with playing mills is that if he plays he has to open, and that means taking a bloke who took a 7-fer opening the bowling a few games ago out of his normal position, not to mention breaking up the mythical bouthee combo. At this stage the last thing we want to be doing is dicking around with our strategy. Whoever comes in has to bowl first change.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
South Africa should focus on not losing too many wickets until the 35th over. If they are in a decent position at the start of PP then they can cash in to get a good score. NZ death bowling can be liability.
we don't really have a clue what our death bowling is like because we never have to bowl at that point

smash84

The Tiger King
This is only the 2nd time in the tournament that the kiwis are going to be tested. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't come out on top.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Rewind back to two games when they had to bowl in the death against Bangers and you guys conceded 100 in the last 10.
sample size of 1, with every other game cleaned up by more or less the 40th over. Also mclenenenen played that game who is no doubt a liability at times.