• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in the West Indies 2014

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Well done NZ but I don't think I've ever seen such a woeful West Indies.. Nobody watching, nobody interested it seems, even the players.. I'd say give Ireland a crack instead.
you have this weird fetish for the west indies that's getting a bit annoying, tbh.

viriya

International Captain
you have this weird fetish for the west indies that's getting a bit annoying, tbh.
I don't know about the public but watching the highlights I felt like everytime the WI fielders had to chase the ball they weren't really committed - as if they were just following the ball to pick it up.. no dives etc..

Langeveldt

Soutie
I don't know about the public but watching the highlights I felt like everytime the WI fielders had to chase the ball they weren't really committed - as if they were just following the ball to pick it up.. no dives etc..
They've always had a languid style, and back in the day when they had so much talent, that was enough, but nowadays it just comes off as sloppy when they are up against a well drilled side, which includes pretty much everyone else

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You can cop a side getting toweled up if they're having a go. There's some blokes in the WI side you have to question on that basis, and it's the worst thing you can say about a sportsman.

That should not detract in anyway from NZ, who are a side on the rise. Sure they have some issues, particularly at the top of the order, but their middle order is good, and moreover it's good to watch. Their pace attack is developing really well and they have some depth there. Barring a swathe of injuries I think they'll continue up the rankings. Other sides will underestimate them at their peril.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
They're not that bad a side.

Chanderpaul is an ATG. Gayle is good. Bravo is good. Ramdin is good. Taylor and Roach are good bowlers.

They've just been outplayed.

Langeveldt

Soutie
They have some good players, Chanders is a fine batsman, but Ramdin is scraping the barrel, neither a classy gloveman or batsman, his dismissal was a shocker, he has been around forever and hasn't kicked on.. Samuels to use an ECB phrase has looked "detached" to the extreme..

See what the next two tests bring, and as bad as WI have been is as good as NZ have been

Shillingford will get 200 anyway so we will see how NZ deal with coming back from 1-0 down

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Bit sad that Craig's having some of the polish taken off his figures. Should really have gotten the quicks on a couple of overs ago, but oh well.

viriya

International Captain
They're not that bad a side.

Chanderpaul is an ATG. Gayle is good. Bravo is good. Ramdin is good. Taylor and Roach are good bowlers.

They've just been outplayed.
That's what makes you question their commitment, cos WI should be playing much better at home. Not taking anything away from NZ though - if they were to tour Eng next I'd expect them to be evenly matched..

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
That's what makes you question their commitment, cos WI should be playing much better at home. Not taking anything away from NZ though - if they were to tour Eng next I'd expect them to be evenly matched..
Honestly, I think they'd beat England, even in England. Better bowling attack and a more settled batting order. But noone really knows what England can do at the moment.