• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in the West Indies 2014

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good lord, we've got a spinner who can take wickets in the fourth innings.

Never thought I'd see the day.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This bloke can bowl hey. Maybe we're too harsh on domestic spinners who don't bowl flat darts but still have no luck.
Fly Johnston over pronto. :p

I still think it'd be a tad silly to really expect much from Craig at home - in fact I still think even Sodhi would probably be more of a threat at home, albeit probably less useful overall as he couldn't do a holding job - but he's backing up what many of us said about him as a threat in the right conditions.

viriya

International Captain
Samuels has lived off his World T20I Final innings for 2 years now.. probably time to die now.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
That's very nice bowling from Craig, good pressure and a top catch. Danny Morrison did his best to spoil the moment but this match surely only going one way now.

Flem274*

123/5
Fly Johnston over pronto. :p

I still think it'd be a tad silly to really expect much from Craig at home - in fact I still think even Sodhi would probably be more of a threat at home, albeit probably less useful overall as he couldn't do a holding job - but he's backing up what many of us said about him as a threat in the right conditions.
Yeah but I don't expect spinners to win games in NZ. You win in NZ with pace and your spinner is the support bowler.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Reckon that was a deliberate half-volley four ball from Southee to Ramdin there, followed by that in-ducker again.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hahaha, Adams's one Test was actually the third best debut match figures for a New Zealander of all time when he did it and then he never played again. So harsh :laugh:

Flem274*

123/5
Anyway hopefully this performance discourages the West Indies from preparing a dust bowl for Narine, because it might only close the big gap in quality between he and Craig.

A normal pitch should see Narine retain his advantage.

Ooooh so close.

stumpski

International Captain
So no-one has ever taken more than seven in a match on debut for New Zealand? And Paul Wiseman held the previous record? Well I never.

Plenty of opportunity for Craig to raise the bar though.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
20 overs to go, can NZ wrap it up today? Assuming they'll get an extra 30 mins tonight light permitting if they have the Windies 8 or 9 down.