• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in the West Indies 2014

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Here's a team that has neither Kane or Taylor (or Jesse as he is not coming back)

1 Guptill
2 Rutherford (has a T20 SR of 140 and has shots all around the ground)
3 Baz
4 Munro
5 Anderson 6
6 Neesham 4 (unproven player)
7 Ronchi
8 NMac 5
9 Mills 3
10 Mitch 2
11 Southee 1

12th Man Milne

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Williamson should definitely be in the side though, as I pointed out yesterday. He struck at 132 yesterday which is more than fine and he struck at 140 in the World T20. Taylor has been consistently crap for a while and it's concerning but Williamson should be one of the first picked IMO.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Hesson will be very aware of how crap Taylor has been in t20. It's lucky no one cares about international t20s because dropping him would be very awkward. I suppose he'd be able to justify it to the media as "giving Taylor a rest from the heavy workload" or something along those lines.

Howsie

International Captain
Yikes, Boult cranked up a fair bit of pace in that last 20/20. Haven't seen him hit the mid 140's for awhile. He's definitely improved his short form bowling, would be my first bowler on the team sheet these days.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Yikes, Boult cranked up a fair bit of pace in that last 20/20. Haven't seen him hit the mid 140's for awhile. He's definitely improved his short form bowling, would be my first bowler on the team sheet these days.
He did this a fair bit during the series tests last summer. Seems to be when the ball loses the shine and isn't swinging for him.

Howsie

International Captain
He did this a fair bit during the series tests last summer. Seems to be when the ball loses the shine and isn't swinging for him.
Did he get upto those type of speeds? I'm not surprised he did, he's obvs done it before. I just hadn't seen it in a while.

Disappointed WW was a no show after the third test. Talked a big game the last few months and now he's bolted. Ah well.

Howsie

International Captain
Some fan fiction I reckon, I'll get us started. 'Well what can I say, New Zealand won but tbh...

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Some fan fiction I reckon, I'll get us started. 'Well what can I say, New Zealand won but tbh...
nz were lucky since we didn't play Narine!!!!!!! the selection of shillingford over blackwood was bad enough but leaving narine out is where we lost it. the NZ batsmen have ptsd from the last time they toured and from the 6fer he took in NZ....tbh the only way we lost. also roach taking 8 wickets in the match while boult and southee taking 5 and 4 respectively shows he's a better bowler. imo we won 3 innings in this test. nz wouldn't have passed 300 in their second if we had williamson out early. he definitely took advantage of there being no narine!!!!!

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
He can sort of flog the pacers into the leg side in T20, Rutherford.
Thanks for that Kippers.

Yes he can slog it onside. He is an awesome T20 player. I don't know why he only averages 22. I coming around to believe that T20 is his best format.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
nz were lucky since we didn't play Narine!!!!!!! the selection of shillingford over blackwood was bad enough but leaving narine out is where we lost it. the NZ batsmen have ptsd from the last time they toured and from the 6fer he took in NZ....tbh the only way we lost. also roach taking 8 wickets in the match while boult and southee taking 5 and 4 respectively shows he's a better bowler. imo we won 3 innings in this test. nz wouldn't have passed 300 in their second if we had williamson out early. he definitely took advantage of there being no narine!!!!!
:laugh:

sambha

Cricket Spectator
Bring in adam Milne....clocked 150kph.....still is young.
The world needs fast bowlers.

Good to see him in the NZ squads