• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Mike5181

International Captain
ODI series starts on Sunday. Pretty short break really. Watling, Williamson, Mills etc will be good to have in the team.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Could hardly have been a more comfortable win, could it. Might have been different if the Kiwis had held those chances early in the innings, but even so.

I wonder if Hales will soon be pushing for a place in the 50-over side. Maybe if Bell has a poor series or two. Then again, Bell did hit a ton last time out so perhaps not. But Hales does look a decent prospect in the limited overs games.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Doesn't look like I missed much of a match. I don't terribly mind us losing a T20 but I just cannot stand it when we drop catches. Urkh.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Could hardly have been a more comfortable win, could it. Might have been different if the Kiwis had held those chances early in the innings, but even so.

I wonder if Hales will soon be pushing for a place in the 50-over side. Maybe if Bell has a poor series or two. Then again, Bell did hit a ton last time out so perhaps not. But Hales does look a decent prospect in the limited overs games.
Even if Bell loses his place there's still a heck of a lot of competition for places at the top of the order in our ODI side though. Cook, Trott, Pietersen and Root can all justifiably say they should be batting in the top 3 in the ODI side as well. And lets face it, Bell has hardly been drop worthy since coming back into the side.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Must be some horible administrative error, surley somone should have been taking count. Can they not just change the points criteria or something.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Must be some horible administrative error, surley somone should have been taking count. Can they not just change the points criteria or something.
Should've realised sooner and dropped him from this game (well should've dropped him well before that)

indigo1

Cricket Spectator
As a kiwi, I don't understand why there is so much hate for Derpbach - the guy has the toughest gig in the T20 game and does a pretty good job of it. He bowls quick, has a bloody good slower ball and the batsman appear to find him hard to get away. Many of the boundaries he leaked were edges past the keeper. Will gladly swap you Andrew Ellis for him?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
He's actually a pretty reasonable T20 bowler IMO.

The problem with the "send him back to domestics" plan is that he'll own County Cricket. I watched him a couple of times for Surrey and at County level he looked a real cut above.

edit: I actually think Dernbach has the fundamentals to be a good OD bowler, he just needs to grow a brain.

Last edited:

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
some of you don't seem to realise that the incremental contract was triggered automatically by playing a certain amount of international games rather than chosen by the selectors.

anyway good series victory. missed most of it but standard Hales. look awful for a few games especially against the straight swinging ball but capable of being pretty destructive when finding some form.

Still somewhat miffed that Hales hasn't got a chance in the ODI team even with the obvious technical shortcomings.

Pleased to see Buttler and Root doing well though.

Very quick change over to the ODI's on Sunday. Although Cook et all have been in the country for more than a week they've had no game time and it could be a struggle in the first ODI with so many new faces without gametime.

BeeGee

International Captain
Well, that was a good ol' fashioned ass wuppin'.

I don't terribly mind us losing a T20 but I just cannot stand it when we drop catches. Urkh.
AWTA. England were the better team and they deserved to win. But there is no excuse for dropping catches and poor fielding. How many catches did NZ drop in this series? For a national team, it's a bloody disgrace.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's actually a pretty reasonable T20 bowler IMO.

The problem with the "send him back to domestics" plan is that he'll own County Cricket. I watched him a couple of times for Surrey and at County level he looked a real cut above.

edit: I actually think Dernbach has the fundamentals to be a good OD bowler, he just needs to grow a brain.
Sums him up perfectly.

As Warne said about Monty he plays the same game every time like it is his first. When he arrived on the scene he looked good as you expected improvement with added experience, that hasn't really happened so he gets grief for that.