• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 40 - Australia v Pakistan

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well playe Pakistan. Good, disciplined performance, especially with the ball.

We've got some work to do, much like everyone else it seems.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pakistan too good and it was only close because of Lee

Oz were incredibly dire with the bat and, aside from Lee, not much better with the ball

Ponting needs to go but they wont chop him until we've lost every last piece of silverware - completely out of form and his captaincy was woeful

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, no team has been unbeaten in this tournament then.
That's actually a really good point. Still so much of the tournament to go and, in a way, this may force the Aussies to make the tough calls with their batting rather than persisting with a **** combination under the 'never change a winning team' ethos.

Woodster

International Captain
Very good from Pakistan, the batting had one or two predictable wobbles along the way, but Shafiq was composed along with Younis Khan, then Umar Akmal played an excellent, if at times a little fortunate, cameo. Razzaq finished it in style with two good boundaries.

Umar Akmal keen to find out who was Man of the Match when he was walking off.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What an awful world cup this has been.

The game of the tournament thus far ruined by the rain. Now this dire performance sends us to third place and we have to beat India in a knockout game. It would really suck to be knocked out in the quarters having only lost two games. Why was there no super 8/6? Dire format.

Still, I'm bloody pissed at Ponting. There is no excuse at all why Lee didn't get to bowl out his full 10.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Soooooooooooo happy right now. It takes something special to beat the Aussies in the WC and I'm proud of my team. And we top the Group as well. What a day!! :)

Woodster

International Captain
Yes forgot to mention how outstanding Brett Lee was. Great pace, excellent accuracy, and carried the attack today, but couldn't manage it all on his own.

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
That's actually a really good point. Still so much of the tournament to go and, in a way, this may force the Aussies to make the tough calls with their batting rather than persisting with a **** combination under the 'never change a winning team' ethos.
So please who do you suggest?
One thing I know is that all our batsmen need to play spin better, its quite obvious that teams are bringing on their spin bowlers earlier on to disrupt our natural batting,

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Who would the WIndies prefer to place in the quarters - Pakistan or Australia? Because if it's Pakistan then they might as well send in all their reserves tomorrow.
Tough to say, I think the Windies batting line up would much prefer Australia, but their bowlers could run through Pakistan if they have one of 'those' days.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What an awful world cup this has been.

The game of the tournament thus far ruined by the rain. Now this dire performance sends us to third place and we have to beat India in a knockout game. It would really suck to be knocked out in the quarters having only lost two games. Why was there no super 8/6? Dire format.

Still, I'm bloody pissed at Ponting. There is no excuse at all why Lee didn't get to bowl out his full 10.
It's been an awesome World Cup tbh

Xuhaib

International Coach
great win topping the table is an icing on the cake.Important knock from Umer sure he had a few brainless moments but overall was calm hopefully he will learn something from this.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
It was so important to know that Australia can be beaten in a wc match. Thank you Pakistan :)