• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 40 - Australia v Pakistan

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slowfinger

International Debutant
Thank you Paaaaakistan! Did you hear Akmal after the match? 'Who is man of the match?' :laugh: I'm really happy that we bowled them out for that low but disappointed that that probably means no Akhtar for a while. Well played OZ, though. Made a fight out of nothing, really. Dil Dil Pakistan!

smash84

The Tiger King
Soooooooooooo happy right now. It takes something special to beat the Aussies in the WC and I'm proud of my team. And we top the Group as well. What a day!! :)
Ditto. So the team that had last beaten Australia in a WC match, fittingly enough, ends their outstanding winning streak.

It was so important to know that Australia can be beaten in a wc match. Thank you Pakistan :)
True. Had Aus won this one as well it would have been difficult to shrug off their mantle of invincibility in WCs.

What an awful world cup this has been.

Still, I'm bloody pissed at Ponting. There is no excuse at all why Lee didn't get to bowl out his full 10.
This has been one of the best WCs ever if not THE best.

Pretty poor captaincy from Ponting for not bringing on Lee earlier. Agree with you there.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Pakistan too good and it was only close because of Lee

Oz were incredibly dire with the bat and, aside from Lee, not much better with the ball

Ponting needs to go but they wont chop him until we've lost every last piece of silverware - completely out of form and his captaincy was woeful
That's actually a really good point. Still so much of the tournament to go and, in a way, this may force the Aussies to make the tough calls with their batting rather than persisting with a **** combination under the 'never change a winning team' ethos.
Haha, this.

HADDIN IS A WICKET-KEEPER AND THEREFORE WILL OPEN THE INNINGS

PONTING MUST CAPTAIN AND BAT AT THREE

MICHAEL CLARKE!

etc etc etc

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Well done Pakistan. :)

Don't have anything more to add to my usual rant. Just hope a few less people are in the 'AUSTRALIA R FINEEEEEEE!!!!!' camp after this game.

EDIT: Actually, the Crayfish bowling his ten, Smith not bowling and Lee only getting eight overs was pretty funny.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Honestly, Ponting should have gone from ODI cricket a little while back.

Guiding a ball into Akmal's gloves is a serious achievement.

Jayzamann

International Regular
I get home to see this?

Bah!

Haddin 42 off 80?

Bah!

Kakmal taking catches?

Bah!

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

btw does anyone know what was going on here.........how come haddin is pushing younis???
Because he's a ****. Everyone has known this for ages and he proved it today.

Younis, one of the nicer guys in cricket, tried to calm the situation down and he got shoved by Haddin.

Blaze 18

Banned
Did Australia really lose a World Cup match? I can't believe it! Well done Pakistan. They've killed two birds with one stone : one, they'll most probably get West Indies in the quarters, a side they should comfortably put away; two, they have ensured the elimination of either India or Australia before the semi-final itself. Ricky Ponting's captaincy was quite ordinary, he really should have turned to Brett Lee when Shahid Afridi got out. Not letting your best bowler bowl his full quota in a low scoring match is criminal. They really should have scored more with the bat, I thought 220 would have been fairly competitive. Can't take anything away from Pakistan though - brilliant performance. They have pretty much guaranteed themselves a semi-final spot (unless Gayle has other ideas). India - I don't like their chances now. :(

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha he really is. Smiles when he gets sledged, smile when he plays and misses. Just always smiling.

Bun

Banned

Younis, one of the nicer guys in cricket, tried to calm the situation down and he got shoved by Haddin.
Seriously pathetic stuff by Haddin. But as is, will go unpunished.

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
Did Australia really lose a World Cup match? I can't believe it! Well done Pakistan. They've killed two birds with one stone : one, they'll most probably get West Indies in the quarters, a side they should comfortably put away; two, they have ensured the elimination of either India or Australia before the semi-final itself. Ricky Ponting's captaincy was quite ordinary, he really should have turned to Brett Lee when Shahid Afridi got out. Not letting your best bowler bowl his full quota in a low scoring match is criminal. They really should have scored more with the bat, I thought 220 would have been fairly competitive. Can't take anything away from Pakistan though - brilliant performance. They have pretty much guaranteed themselves a semi-final spot (unless Gayle has other ideas). India - I don't like their chances now. :(
I have been saying it all along. India is gonna crash in QF. Australia or Sri Lanka will ensure that they don't qualify for the next rounds.

With India's ****ty bowling, fielding, captaincy and questionable batting, their chances of winning against Australia or Sri Lanka is next to none.

smash84

The Tiger King

Yeah Younis was only calming the situation and gets shoved. There should be some fine on Haddin for this and a heavy one at that.

smash84

The Tiger King
I have been saying it all along. India is gonna crash in QF. Australia or Sri Lanka will ensure that they don't qualify for the next rounds.

With India's ****ty bowling, fielding, captaincy and questionable batting, their chances of winning against Australia or Sri Lanka is next to none.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

dude your anti-jinxing is really not working.