• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I love Hart and realise he shouldn't be going to the World Cup.

The bigger question is where does he go next? Doubt a Premier League club will want him so does he go abroad or maybe drop down into the Championship.
I reckon he could find a PL club. Neil Warnock would probably have him at Cardiff.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah I mean we're all agreed that he's total ****e but I didn't expect Southgate to leave him out of the squad.
Yeah same. Precedent suggests that being willing to persist with players who are obviously crap/past their best is kind of a prerequisite for getting the job. Refreshing break with tradition. Just a shame he's not a good manager.

cpr

International Coach
If Villa come up I bet Hart will end up there. Wouldn't put it past Roy to take him to Palace either.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Looks like it's going to be Arteta. Find it a really lazy and uninspiring appointment tbh, and I love him when he was a player.

Uppercut

Looks like it's going to be Arteta. Find it a really lazy and uninspiring appointment tbh, and I love him when he was a player.
Yeah bit more of a continuity candidate than you wanted given how bad the club's current position is. Sorting the recruitment out is probably more important though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

Gives a few goosebumps. Some great moments in there.

If I had to identify one reason why I would ever want to be a kid again, it would be so I could live through that late 90s/early 2000s period and experience them all again.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
RIP Ray Wilson.
Vale. Another of the boys of 66 joins Moore and Ball. As long as football is played in England fans (at least those of us of a certain age) will still get a little misty eyed recalling the XI.

Had been suffering from Alzheimer's for a number of years, as one understands. Ditto Nobby Stiles and Martin Peters, sadly.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
England squad is out. Too many fullbacks not enough creative midfielders, for me, Clive. One of Wilshere or Lallana (or both) in for TAA or Young (or both) would've been my squad.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Vale. Another of the boys of 66 joins Moore and Ball. As long as football is played in England fans (at least those of us of a certain age) will still get a little misty eyed recalling the XI.

Had been suffering from Alzheimer's for a number of years, as one understands. Ditto Nobby Stiles and Martin Peters, sadly.

1966 was fractionally before I took an interest in the game, but I did read Bobby Moore's biography, where he reckoned that Wilson was the fourth world class player in the side (after Moore himself, Banks and R. Charlton). At least 83 is some sort of an age to go. I struggle to believe it's 25 year's since Moore's passing actually.

Uppercut

England squad is out. Too many fullbacks not enough creative midfielders, for me, Clive. One of Wilshere or Lallana (or both) in for TAA or Young (or both) would've been my squad.
I’ve been banging on about Wilshere being crap for years but he’s unlucky to be left out. Shelvey would’ve worked too. I’m guessing Southgate doesn’t want his reserves to have arsey personalities.

I don’t understand Harry Maguire. Every time I see him he looks awkward and Leicester’s defence this season was an absolute horror show. I also think Tarkowski is great, but he’s not the only one I’d have picked instead of Maguire.

Unlikely to make a difference though really. Overall he’s done a pretty good job.