• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Tepid performance that from United. But hey we got 2nd in the league and that's enough for Jose...

Tangles

Sanchez has turned out to be a terrible signing. He's like late career Rooney he just can't impact games.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Sanchez has turned out to be a terrible signing. He's like late career Rooney he just can't impact games.
Haha, talk about heel-jerk posting. This is a player who has scored +60 Prem goals in the last 4 seasons. The idea that he has suddenly become crap since moving to Manchester is total bunk.

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
Haha, talk about heel-jerk posting. This is a player who has scored +60 Prem goals in the last 4 seasons. The idea that he has suddenly become crap since moving to Manchester is total bunk.
He's not become crap, but not sure he was really needed. Lets not forget he has likely quickened the exit of Martial which is unforgivable.

Not a lot of craft today from United, truly absurd how reliant they are on for Valencia and Young for a spark especially Valencia who is poison going forward.

I suppose if they sign 2 full backs, another centre half and some good wingers and De Gea stays they have a chance of challenging City next year, but :laugh:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
He's not become crap, but not sure he was really needed. Lets not forget he has likely quickened the exit of Martial which is unforgivable.

Not a lot of craft today from United, truly absurd how reliant they are on for Valencia and Young for a spark especially Valencia who is poison going forward.

I suppose if they sign 2 full backs, another centre half and some good wingers and De Gea stays they have a chance of challenging City next year, but :laugh:

wat

They are crying out for dynamic attacking players. The reason why Martial is on his way out is because he's a B+ player.

Obviously they need a lot more than just improvements up front, but this is a world class player we are talking about who would just about walk into more or less every team in Europe.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Mourinho predictably salty, and has the gall to accuse Chelsea of being one dimensional going forward. You have to laugh.

Tangles

wat

They are crying out for dynamic attacking players. The reason why Martial is on his way out is because he's a B+ player.

Obviously they need a lot more than just improvements up front, but this is a world class player we are talking about who would just about walk into more or less every team in Europe.
I'm not judging him on what he did in previous years. He has played half a season as 1st choice and been awful. Killed playing time for Rashford and Martial while earning lots. In the Jose system it's all about Lukaku scoring form crosses. Which means width. He doesn't stay out wide, he loses the ball frequently, he can't run past anyone. He's either over the hill or a very bad fit in a Jose team.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'm not judging him on what he did in previous years. He has played half a season as 1st choice and been awful. Killed playing time for Rashford and Martial while earning lots. In the Jose system it's all about Lukaku scoring form crosses. Which means width. He doesn't stay out wide, he loses the ball frequently, he can't run past anyone. He's either over the hill or a very bad fit in a Jose team.
Yes, and given he was firing on all cylinders about 3-4 months ago, which do you realistically think it is?

Niall

International Coach
Yes, and given he was firing on all cylinders about 3-4 months ago, which do you realistically think it is?
Having taken a walk and pondered this, we have to look at Jose. Martial, Rashford, Sanchez and Pogba have had at best so-so seasons.

They have not all turned rubbish overnight. Someone said it here a while ago, Jose doesn't improve players especially attackers and looking at this season hard to disagree bar possibly Lingaard. Others may suggest Lukaku, but ultimately for a team that seems to be built around him, his output has not exactly been Messi esque. I don't blame him much either, he has worked hard and done well enough, but does anyone really think his numbers this season would have been that much worse under any other top manager?

2nd place is all well and good but if I were City, I'd be more worried about Liverpool next season than United.