• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
We're apparently in the running to get Walcott but let Johnson slide to Sunderland? WTF? Johnson must be a real **** because I rate him much better than Walcott.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hmm I think Walcott's maybe a better fit for Liverpool than Johnson would have been. Plays at a much higher tempo. And actually does something when the other team have the ball.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting logic.
Dunno, just seems a more talented player to me with much more of a product to his endeavours. I know he is not a player with great work-ethic on defence but that can be improved. And in our case scoring goals or having dangerous players on the attacking end is a more pressing matter. Even with the crap season we had last year we were 3rd best defence in the league. I honestly don't rate Walcott much; crap technique and low IQ player. I would actually rather Sinclair.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Dunno, just seems a more talented player to me with much more of a product to his endeavours. I know he is not a player with great work-ethic on defence but that can be improved. And in our case scoring goals or having dangerous players on the attacking end is a more pressing matter. Even with the crap season we had last year we were 3rd best defence in the league. I honestly don't rate Walcott much; crap technique and low IQ player. I would actually rather Sinclair.
Sorry, I was being facetious. The way I read your post was that because you rated Johnson higher than Walcott, Johnson was a massive ****.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Easier draw for United than last time but won't be relishing a trip to Galatasaray. Citeh got a right smeller of a group. I noticed when I saw the pots that it was possible to have all of the champions from the top four leagues in the same group- well they got the Dutch champs instead of the Italians but it's not far off.